IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Insanity Knee-Jerking and Goals
In the UK incident in the news (and its previous incarnation that involved planes over the Pacific, and in the Richard Reid case), the plan was to blow up the planes over water. Killing a few hundred/few thousand passengers would have been "success" for them.

Al Qaeda knows that hijacking a plane is much more difficult now (reinforced doors, passengers won't be complacent again). Their objective is still to cause terror, not necessarily to blow up buildings.

Al Qaeda doesn't even need to blow up a plane anymore. All they have to do is to get 20 or so of their people together with bomb-making stuff and allow them to get caught.

That's enough to cause our security people to start knee-jerking hard core.

I refuse to listen to all the whining of people in the security lines anymore. I don't want to hear about the 70 year old grandmother being searched. I refuse to listen to the 3 month old that needs take off their shoes.

There is ONE person on the plane that does not need to be searched. There is NO reason to go through their belonging and remove their contact lens cleaner. They should be allowed to carry as much carry-on as they want.

But, no...in these times....(and without Democratic yelps of stereotyping)... the TSA is searching the PILOT of the damn plane.

(Yep, the one guy who can crash the plane WITHOUT the help of guns/boxcutters/bombs/whatever)

(From someone who knows an airline pilot)
New Wow.
New Okay...it was worse than I thought.
Worse? How can it be worse?

Remember the liquid they were taking...worried that they might become explosives if they were mixed?

[image|http://www.xopl.com/blog/embedded/liquidshit.jpg||something that makes no sense||]

Yep, they're jumping them....altogether...into a single bin.

Glad they didn't find any.
New ;^>

New Generous understanding
They are just trying to deter future potential users of liquid explosives by increasing the uncertainty. The last thing they expect is to actually break up an attempt in progress.

Giovanni
Have whatever values you have. That's what America is for.
You don't need George Bush for that.
     How to allow food/drink on airplanes - (drewk) - (15)
         There's an issue there too: - (admin) - (1)
             Just like network security - (drewk)
         Bunk - (bepatient)
         Re: How to allow food/drink on airplanes - (orion)
         A more fundamental question, I think, is... - (Another Scott) - (9)
             Wrong people - (drewk) - (6)
                 Yes, but. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                     Insanity Knee-Jerking and Goals - (Simon_Jester) - (4)
                         Wow. -NT - (Another Scott)
                         Okay...it was worse than I thought. - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                             ;^> -NT - (Ashton)
                             Generous understanding - (GBert)
             Parallelizing security scanning. - (static) - (1)
                 It's more like Kingsford-Smith here. - (Another Scott)
         For me, it's dead easy. - (pwhysall)

The Pseudo Markov Chain O' Puerile Musings.
210 ms