IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Nah, let me try once more
Sorry for being inarticulate.

The content of the papers is not irrelevant as to whether there is any wrongdoing on the part of Bush, Cheney, et al.

The content of the papers is totally irrelevant as to whether wrongdoing by Bush, Cheney, et al will be loudly asserted.

Thought experiment, if you will: Take the known circumstances (fairly large number of energy-company execs, including Enron people, schmoozing with the Vice President and high-level aides). Assume that there is no one at the meeting advocating giving away energy free to anyone (highly likely, I think). Your mission, should you wish to accept it: Concoct a theoretical set of minutes for the meeting that would result in NO accusations of wrongdoing on the part of the administration.

Thought so.

I said it before, I'll say it again: The Enron debacle is a sharp stick poked directly into the soft parts of American (and world) law regarding corporate behavior, regulation, and investment. Properly used, it could be both inspiration and goad to generate some badly-needed corrective measures.

It won't happen. All the political energy generated is going to get pissed out on the ground, as the two political parties try to gore one another over it, and nothing will be done about the substantive issues. Oh, and the teevee folks will sell a lot of soap.
Regards,
Ric
New Oh.. well then OK. But you're just bemoaning the Heart
of Murican Politico-bafflegab / nondenominational. On *any* topic large enough to be worthy of heroic cooperation towards a decent solution.

We are or damn well Look like we are: so utterly conditioned to sports metaphors that.. alls we can think of to do with *any* obvious debilitating gen-u-wine Problem: is declare some fucking War On ____ This n'That. And make sure *Our* Team Wins the posturing BS Award.

Over and over and.. {sheesh} No wonder! nobody wants to "vote" anymore: it's Always a Hobson's choice of which is the smarmiest phrase to use as a slogan so's to pick the Team whose colors ya wanna wear.

Soccer Moms? Shh-eee-itt: Soccer Everything!

Simply, we don't know *how* to 'debate' Anything !!

..mumble bitch natter %^#%^ Idgit Way to run even a dog pound: by the loudest sanctimonious bark..
New okay...and....

The content of the papers is not irrelevant as to whether there is any wrongdoing on the part of Bush, Cheney, et al.

The content of the papers is totally irrelevant as to whether wrongdoing by Bush, Cheney, et al will be loudly asserted.

Ahem...so you're saying that the content of the papers is irrelevant to the spin.

And my answer is "duh!". Welcome to politics.

Bush entered this world with his eyes wide open.

So why are you yelling?

I said it before, I'll say it again: The Enron debacle is a sharp stick poked directly into the soft parts of American (and world) law regarding corporate behavior, regulation, and investment. Properly used, it could be both inspiration and goad to generate some badly-needed corrective measures.

It won't happen. All the political energy generated is going to get pissed out on the ground, as the two political parties try to gore one another over it, and nothing will be done about the substantive issues. Oh, and the teevee folks will sell a lot of soap.

Are you sure you've dealt with politics before? Politicians do NOT solve issues. (Certainly political parties don't.)

The badly-needed corrective measures will be implemented, (imo). Wall Street will begin to demand better accounting practices to disallow the hiding of debt in offshore accounts.

(Hell, several merges fell through because companies, when they saw the real data, knew Enron was nothing but hype. -- sooner or later, market analysts/stockholders will demand access to this same data.)
New Nope, I don't expect politicians to solve anything
except, perhaps, the ever more difficult conundrum: How To Get Elected...

"The badly-needed corrective measures will be implemented, (imo). Wall Street will begin to demand better accounting practices to disallow the hiding of debt in offshore accounts."

Oh, I do hope so, but I'm afraid it's wishful thinking.
Regards,
Ric
New By the way, some good news
from the [link|http://www.theonion.com/onion3803/partisan_bickering.html|usual source]...
Regards,
Ric
     Cheney refuses to release Enron notes - (marlowe) - (20)
         give it time... - (Simon_Jester) - (18)
             There is no time. - (Ric Locke) - (16)
                 Get Bush? - (Ashton) - (6)
                     You haven't quite got it right on one point, Ash... - (jb4)
                     What I find interesting is the head of energy - (boxley)
                     California? - (wharris2) - (3)
                         Amen -NT - (SpiceWare)
                         Interesting... - (Simon_Jester)
                         Hardly a rhetorical question..__that. And 'self-induced' is - (Ashton)
                 Getting a might defensive, aren't we? -NT - (jb4)
                 No downside to holding them forever? - (marlowe)
                 Excuse me, but, what the fuck? - (Brandioch)
                 They're plenty of time.... - (Simon_Jester) - (5)
                     Nah, let me try once more - (Ric Locke) - (4)
                         Oh.. well then OK. But you're just bemoaning the Heart - (Ashton)
                         okay...and.... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                             Nope, I don't expect politicians to solve anything - (Ric Locke) - (1)
                                 By the way, some good news - (Ric Locke)
             See...stuff is already coming out... - (Simon_Jester)
         Oh my. The shade of Nixon returns. - (Silverlock)

Sorry, you are not a winner.
44 ms