IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not all about the war
Lieberman has provided bipartisan cover on Social Security privatization, school vouchers, the bankruptcy bill, the new Medicare bill and getting Roberts and Alito onto the Supreme Court, among other things.

You also might want to google "Rape Gurney Joe"
Tom Sinclair

"This is a lovely party," said the Bursar to a chair, "I wish I was here."
-- The Bursar is a man under a *lot* of stress
(Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies)
New Thanks for the pointer. Don't be a stranger to Politics! :-)
New Hours ago I heard this revealing line from Lieberman
{something} re why he's going to run as Independent ... "to save the democrats from becoming so far out of the mainstream that" ... ~ "they might lose seats".

It's obvious that, trying to sound like a Repo has earned, correctly - the wimpy, gutless, equivocators epithets.

In '04 the Establishment Demos / Reublicrats were listening to Beep's advice: ~~

don't be strident about the nebbishness of Bush,
ignore the sinister Svengaliness of Cheney,
the tactical and strategic incompetence of Rummy,
the lies, the warhustling, the Constitutional rapine,
the religio:

Be Nice, lest ___ You Lose.

Nothing to lose this time, except the patent duplicity, faux-cooperation with an idea-less regime racing us all to the bottom. Try courage, for a change.

Lieberman has earned his obloquy; may this spark provoke many more reassesments.
And bloody SOON. It's a Long Time to Jan 2009.

If we can't find Some way to impeach that crew...

A.

New Newshour Interview.
[link|http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/politics/july-dec06/lieberman_08-09.html|August 9]:

GWEN IFILL: OK, well, that leads to my first question: Why are you doing this? Why are you running as an independent?

SEN. JOSEPH LIEBERMAN: Well, I'm doing this because I want to continue the discussion that barely got started during the primary campaign when my opponent distorted so much of my record.

I'm doing it, also, frankly, because I'm fed up with the partisanship in Washington and the way in which primaries have skewered our whole political system, where people on either end of the spectrum tend to dominate primaries and it leaves out all the people in the middle. I want to offer a choice to all of the people in the middle in November.

And the premise of my campaign to the people of Connecticut will be quite simple: This is about the future. This is about your future. And you've got to decide which one of us, Joe Lieberman, Ned Lamont or the Republican candidate, can do a better job for you. And I think, on the record, I'm the person who can do that better job.

Sheesh.

Lieberman [link|http://www.courant.com/news/politics/hc-senmoney0729.artjul29,0,2988497.story|outspent] Lamont, he has been Senator for 18 years, and Lamont has only been running for 8 months, yet Lieberman just barely was able to get his message out.

What a whiner.

Lieberman has the incumbent disease. He thinks he's entitled to die in his seat in the Senate (unless he decided to do something else). If someone gets more votes than him for his seat, it's because the system has been corrupted.

Earlier, I thought Lieberman would drop out after putting up an effort for a few weeks and receiving enough entrieties from Lamont and the party big-wigs. But after hearing that interview tonight, I'm not so sure. He sounds like he believes he has to save the party...

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Of course, had he prevailed in the primary...
It would have been "the people have spoken!" and had the Lamont campaign been classless enough to mount a post-primary independent insurgency, why, we'd naver have heard the end of pious hand-wringing and admonitions.

The GOP pretends to deplore the outcome (poor JL, such a reasonable statesman, purged by fanatics in his own party) but to relish the prospect. Methinks they're whistling past Arlington.

cordially,
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
New This is supposed to be a "disaster" for the Dems
According to many in the punditocracy, a Lamont victory is bad news for the Dems. So how come the Republicans aren't gloating?
-----------------------------------------
Impeach Bush. Impeach Cheney. Do it now.
New Re: Republicans aren't gloating
There is some talk of them financial supporting Lieberman in lieu of their own "no name" (and no chance) candidate in the actual election.
Alex

When fascism comes to America, it'll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. -- Sinclair Lewis
New Re: So how come the Republicans aren't gloating?
because Lieberman was a shill for the War on Terror and generally a lapdog to Bush, Cheney, Rove, etc., when it came to legislation that chipped away at our freedoms. They certainly didn't want to lose him. But with him running as an independent this fall, there's still a chance he might squeak back in.
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
     Lamont wins primary, Lieberman vows independent run - (JayMehaffey) - (14)
         Not all about the war - (tjsinclair) - (7)
             Thanks for the pointer. Don't be a stranger to Politics! :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
             Hours ago I heard this revealing line from Lieberman - (Ashton) - (5)
                 Newshour Interview. - (Another Scott)
                 Of course, had he prevailed in the primary... - (rcareaga) - (3)
                     This is supposed to be a "disaster" for the Dems - (Silverlock) - (2)
                         Re: Republicans aren't gloating - (a6l6e6x)
                         Re: So how come the Republicans aren't gloating? - (lincoln)
         Re: Lamont wins primary, Lieberman vows independent run - (andread) - (2)
             Lewis Carroll addressed this. - (Another Scott)
             Since Bush has been in office he's been a DINO. -NT - (inthane-chan)
         no loss, had no use for the guy since he was on the ticket - (boxley)
         Open Letter to Joe Lieberman - (jb4) - (1)
             Worth sending along, too - I wot. - (Ashton)

Travelling at the speed of light with the headlights on.
91 ms