IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New He went to jail for perjury...
...and attempting to pervert the course of justice.

Perjury, because he lied when under oath.

Attempting to pervert the course of justice, because he tried to bribe someone to lie for him.

Judges over here take a very dim view of people trying to take the piss, and Archer got exactly what he deserved.

--
Peter
Shill For Hire
New I actually agree what he did was worse than Clinton
While I still say Clinton broke the law by lying under oath, it was about something that should never have been asked. The "Right" thing for him to have done IMO would have been to say so, as in, "It's none of your business." Of course, then he should have tried to change whatever laws allowed people to think it was their business. But that would have cost him points with feminist organizations ...

For Archer to initiate a lawsuit and collect damages against a newspaper -- even if it is only a tabloid -- is much worse.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
New Close, but no cigar.
New Boooo! *grin*

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait

• Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
New Nah, they were stupid.
He didn't 'lie'. He was a weasel; they allowed him to define sex, through 'clarifications'. It was immoral, sure. (in every sense of the word)

Was it deception? Yah. Perjury? Nah. He didn't lie...

*sigh*

Lawyers.

I am PROUD that IANAL.

Imric's Tips for Living

• Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
New Back-translation... (Now with my first ever Edit:)
SkipJoeRic: I am PROUD that IANAL.
From _A Distant Mirror_ (by Barbara W. Tuchman; Alfred A. Knopf, Inc., New York 1978), my own translation from the Swedish version (_En Fjärran Spegel_; Bokförlaget Atlantis AB, Stockholm, 1981 and 1994):
Doctors were respected, lawyers seen with suspicion and contempt.
The sentiment is not, as one might perhaps otherwise think, a recent phenomenon.

[Edit:] Duh! Forgot to add the sub-title of her work: _The Stormy 14th Century_
   Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything
Expand Edited by CRConrad July 26, 2001, 11:23:13 AM EDT
New Of course.
People are ALL weasels, and shits.

Life under lawyers is what everyone deserves; we are the ones that put lawerly fucks into positions of power, by using the shits to get what they want, ourselves., regardless of what we know is right and wrong.

This goes far back into the dawn of time -what else are priests, wizards, witches, and everyone that sets themselves as intermediaries of the 'divine', but lawyers set to gain advantages of God and demon alike over thier fellow man? What else are the 'laws' preached by those shitheads, but a way to be superior over others by following shallow rites?

I may believe in God, and Jesus (I have good reasons, yes, 'spooky' reasons), but religion disgusts me as much as politics and lawyers. This state of affairs IS the human condition, and has been as long as we've been able to manipulate symbols.

From a (feh!) human position, if hypocrisy is ignored, Clinton is to be 'admired' as an outstanding example of humanity.

What is Jesus but a pro-bono lawyer set to intervene with Judgement?

Imric's Tips for Living

New Thou sayest. Verily.
Something buggy there is about the homo-sap alpha experiment.. Most specimens so fear the Unknown (fucking near Everything, that is, 'cept maybe a few physics er 'laws' which you Can't break..) - that they will invent an Authority always! from Day 1.

All choices devolve to just the two:

1) A great time Now, with ups&downs. No point in fearing accidents - they just happen.

/ After: let the Unknown handle the post-life experience. It's managed so far.

*OR*

"Give all your Fears to ___. She will make you comfy. Here's the rulez and the price:"

2) A pissant existence directed by folks in robes (lawyer- or theo- or medico-). Daily fear of offending the Authority: that offense to be paid by intentional accidents now, maybe.. but guaranteed torture 'after'! - for any Disobedience, of course.

/ After: if you toed the line AND yer one o' the Lucky Chosen ones, you get to spend a rather infinite period Adoring the same guy/gal (who might.. just put you in that rat cage for the sheer Hell of it, anyway. No appeal, natch)

3) There is no 3).

What a species! Ya gotta presume this here all is a Humor Planet - *but everyone's too afraid to laugh. Nothing else makes any sense - just makes employment for the robed ones!

Now That's Revealed Wisdom! \ufffd \ufffd \ufffd

(* do we know the author of that one? Think it went ~ God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh) Geo. Carlin would have said it, but he wasn't the first.

Oops - gotta change my robe.
(May have to immolate myself tomorrow for breaking security.)

Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle..
New I think the quote was Voltaire -- one of the Frogs anyway
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
     Lord Archer in jail! - (warmachine) - (14)
         Aw, it's all just about politics. - (marlowe) - (13)
             Big difference with Archer - (drewk) - (12)
                 Better place? Oh, Pu-leeeeze! - (Andrew Grygus)
                 That might be a difference, but... - (addison)
                 He went to jail for perjury... - (pwhysall) - (8)
                     I actually agree what he did was worse than Clinton - (drewk) - (7)
                         Close, but no cigar. -NT - (addison) - (1)
                             Boooo! *grin* -NT - (imric)
                         Nah, they were stupid. - (imric) - (4)
                             Back-translation... (Now with my first ever Edit:) - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                 Of course. - (imric) - (2)
                                     Thou sayest. Verily. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                         I think the quote was Voltaire -- one of the Frogs anyway -NT - (drewk)
                 So about that slander settlement - (marlowe)

Whenever someone says, "Show, don't tell," aren't they violating that exact rule?
114 ms