Transl:
Three years after the irascible, loved John Thaw departed our venue and his.. "Sgt. Lewis" is back, as Inspector Lewis..

Oh and.. some math, including Perfect Numbers, murders, sexually active young mathematicians.. obsessed Nasty middle-aged mathematician and greed, farmily bizness and.. a quick cameo for a certain very-red Jaguar Saloon.

Think: Goldbach's conjecture

And (in an aside) a young woman trumpeter! gives a passable but not goose-bumps rendition of the wonderful Andante of the Hummel Cto. for Trumpet. Love those Brits! they actually arranged to let the first theme play. to. completion. That's Class - the thing our sleuth-shows so rarely manage. Time is money 100% in Murica, you know.
(The last movement is likely recognizable to more than a few, though not nearly so universally as the Rondo from the Haydn Cto.) Alas, no hints of that flashy catchy tune, here - but wtf.

Brass within Brit drama?
(Philip McCann on cornet made bearable the odd Mystery series, Hetty Wainthropp Investigates -- which ran from '00 to '04.) I thought that series gave a good update to us furriners on current slang, neighborhoods and habits of local-toughs - along with the occasionally intriguing sleuthing. But most Muricans were unaware of the long career of Patricia Routledge, in very-Brit soaps and such.

But Mc Cann's sublime brass playing was always there, in fillers / with variations - a small but welcome reminder of the pre-transistor-guitar era. Even today though, The Sceptered Aisle remains Big on virtuoso instrumentalists collected together in a format which.. 'band' does not quite do justice; well.. The Sousa Band does. But he's dead (too.)

Bon appetit to the lone? other brass player(s) ever apt to stumble onto our Leet Beet.

I also scored a converted-to-DVD of the '50s flic Military Academy.. surprisingly, released by Columbia! discovering that ... barely-teen moi am In There twice! once with trumpet, then bugle. Several seconds of video - more of, 'audio' cha.cha.cha. They also dubbed in some canned fakery with several trumpets, in B-flat, stead of the more mournful G of the bugle. Plot virtually unwatchable - these reform-school kids tryin to be Leo Gorceys, Huntz Halls.. (The Bowery Boys) they were, like bogus.. Me, I was Real. Only 'cadet', close-up in the mix, IIRC. Hey, we didn't have acid in those days.

More eerie than nostalgic.. strange to see the campus again, in light of its having been box-mall-erased lo these many decades, to the point that actual elevation changes were bulldozed-Out. We are virtuosos at Total-erasure of our history; well, selectively: some love to refight Red/Blue perpetually. Goes with the psychopathia sexualis gun-love, I guess.

Ta