IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Just a point of clarification...
Ok I did not read that far, but why was I compared to him? What I did and what he is accused of doing are not the same things.

Maybe I am imaginaing things, like Wiki pages being blanked and a link back to here to some of my old posts added in place of the content. I admit I did not write all of the Wiki, but I did contribute to it. Anyone know anything about those sort of things?

"It is of interest to note that while some dolphins are reported to have learned English -- up to fifty words used in correct context -- no human being has been reported to have learned dolphinese."
Carl Sagan (1934 - 1996)

[link|http://district268.xormad.com|I am from District 268].
New Moved to flame forum
Since that's probably a better place to quarintine this particular subject.
New Re: Moved to flame forum
I am trying to avoid the flame forum.

Here is the problem, I go away, I am gone for two years, and some people have not moved on and still accuse me of things here. I go away to other places on the Internet and links on vandalized wiki pages have URLs that point back to posts I made here long ago. What did people expect me to do? Yet I see that I still have some friends here, and that is a good enough reason to come back here. Not everyone here is against me, maybe only a select few are if any really are.

Yet how can I change when the past is kept being brought up towards me? I am not denying anything I did, and I am trying to improve. I am saying it makes it difficult to try and change, and I sort of see it as harassment and attacks. I tried ignoring it, but that didn't work. If people really wanted me gone, they would have stopped talking about it and moved on.

"It is of interest to note that while some dolphins are reported to have learned English -- up to fifty words used in correct context -- no human being has been reported to have learned dolphinese."
Carl Sagan (1934 - 1996)

New Orion
imho there's not a lot for you to gain here.

I don't know who vandalised your pages at other locations, but I doubt it was anyone here. Finding your posts here would take moments in Google; it could have been anyone on the Internet.

I moved on a long time ago, and I suspect that most people here have as well. It might be a good idea if you did the same.

As someone's already said, bridges have been burnt and he doesn't feel you're welcome here. I suspect that there are others here who feel the same, probably many others.

I'd suggest that you just drop it, move on, and not come back.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New My accusation...
...is that you seem to frame everything in terms of yourself - constantly steering the conversation in that direction. And this particular set of posts has done nothing to disabuse me of this notion, as I consider it counterproductive to your stated goals.
New Re: My accusation...
What must be done differently? How can I start some friendships and try to change for the betterment and contribute to this group? Not my goals, but the group's goals.

Carl Sagan (1934 - 1996)

New By leaving.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New Re: By leaving.
I tried that and it didn't work. What makes you think it will work this time?

Carl Sagan (1934 - 1996)

New Do it better, don't give up so easy
===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New Re: Do it better, don't give up so easy
Some people make it really hard for me to continue to stay away.

Carl Sagan (1934 - 1996)

New Leaving worked just fine
Honest, Norm. Within days of your departure the number of cutting remarks about orion fell off steeply. As others have noted, you were alluded to at ever-longer intervals following that final post in September of ought-four (a disappearance immediately preceded, if memory serves, by a last couple of instances of sock puppetry under a new nom de wank), and have figured in our discussions very seldom and then only fleetingly for scores of weeks past. I can't speak for the rest of the group, but by this long, hot summer my own memories of your participation here had faded and mellowed to a vague sense of gratitude that wherever you were, at liberty or confined, sleeping on a sofa or in a nice comfortable bed of loam, you were at least not here, and for that effortless absence of yours you have never stood higher in my esteem.

You racked up an excellent record for 22 months and then threw it all away today. Still, it was a sound proof-of-concept: you can earn some goodwill. Leave now and stay away until March of 2010 and everyone will like you twice as much as we did until today.

curdle-ially,
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
New No it didn't
I know I can contribute here without going back to multiple sock puppet accounts. It went so so for 22 months, but I was still mentioned and things brought me back here. Witness that I used the orion account and I did not create a new one and pretend to be someone else. Witness that I did contribute to a few threads on things not about myself. It is some progress, but it is not enough. I can do better in my contributions, I know it.

Carl Sagan (1934 - 1996)

New Stop it
Accept that you annoy the fuck out of some people. They don't like you. They will never like you. They will never accept you. They don't have to.

Accept that if you talk about yourself, "doing better", "joining in", etc, you are giving them the opportunity to vent.

Do not respond. Do not try to validate yourself.

If you find yourself posting, somewhere, on topic, and you have something to add, do it. No problem. As long as you don't refer to yourself, then any response that refers to your whacko history is not on topic, and you can maintain the moral highground by NOT RESPONDING.

Don't post personal stories about yourself. It'll just be an opening for people to rip you to shreds.

Keep it up for a month or so. Stay on topic, do not refer to yourself, contribute a bit. As I said in the past, you a smart guy. Fucking insane, but a smart guy.

If you can actually keep it up, maybe you'll earn enough trust to be accepted as someone to bullshit with, someone who's point of view might actually make sense, someone who can be invited in to share a bit of perosnal time with.

BUT DON'T BOTHER TRYING TO DO IT UNTIL YOU'VE PROVEN YOURSELF.
New Re: Stop it
Good advice. I am not trying to force people to accept me, at one time before I actually did contribute to this group. I accept that not all accept me, but yet there are those who are kind. I am not perfect, but if I avoid those topics and take your advice, I think I can do better. Thanks.

Carl Sagan (1934 - 1996)

New The "group" doesn't have "goals"
The group just has a low tolerance for antisocial behavior.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Actually I would say it's pretty high
The group just has a low tolerance for antisocial behavior.

Actually I would say it's pretty high. However, once you hit that tolerance, there isn't much forgive around here.

Jay
New Once? Hmmm.
New Just for the record, Jay
People often forgive, but that doesn't mean they want rounds 2 and 3 and etc.

In other words, I've forgiven many people in my life, but that doesn't mean I have to continue to let them be in my life, or be part of my life. There's a point where I choose to protect myself from those continued influences.

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
Expand Edited by Nightowl July 31, 2006, 03:41:34 PM EDT
     I'm back - (orion) - (64)
         Interesting - (bepatient) - (1)
             Re: Interesting - (orion)
         Interesting II - (broomberg) - (23)
             Re: Interesting II - (orion) - (21)
                 I seriously doubt any of the regulars here . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (20)
                     Re: I seriously doubt any of the regulars here . . . - (orion) - (19)
                         Just a point of clarification... - (ChrisR) - (18)
                             Re: Just a point of clarification... - (orion) - (17)
                                 Moved to flame forum - (ChrisR) - (16)
                                     Re: Moved to flame forum - (orion) - (15)
                                         Orion - (jake123)
                                         My accusation... - (ChrisR) - (13)
                                             Re: My accusation... - (orion) - (12)
                                                 By leaving. -NT - (jake123) - (7)
                                                     Re: By leaving. - (orion) - (6)
                                                         Do it better, don't give up so easy -NT - (drewk) - (1)
                                                             Re: Do it better, don't give up so easy - (orion)
                                                         Leaving worked just fine - (rcareaga) - (3)
                                                             No it didn't - (orion) - (2)
                                                                 Stop it - (broomberg) - (1)
                                                                     Re: Stop it - (orion)
                                                 The "group" doesn't have "goals" - (admin) - (3)
                                                     Actually I would say it's pretty high - (JayMehaffey) - (2)
                                                         Once? Hmmm. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                         Just for the record, Jay - (Nightowl)
             Changed - (orion)
         Pity. -NT - (rcareaga) - (1)
             Re: Pity. - (orion)
         As far as I'm concerned, you're not welcome here. - (pwhysall)
         You're imagining it. - (admin) - (7)
             Re: You're imagining it. - (orion) - (6)
                 And how long ago was this? - (admin) - (5)
                     Re: And how long ago was this? - (orion) - (4)
                         To reiterate: - (admin) - (2)
                             Re: To reiterate: - (orion) - (1)
                                 So long as we're clear on that. -NT - (admin)
                         Ok, that's more than enough. - (Andrew Grygus)
         That's unfortunate. There goes the neighborhood..... -NT - (n3jja)
         Go away. -NT - (Yendor)
         No, you are passing through. - (Ashton)
         So lemme get this straight... - (jb4) - (4)
             Greg should be back very soon. -NT - (admin) - (3)
                 Good news. - (bepatient) - (2)
                     MegaDittoes - (jb4)
                     Ditto here as well. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Your Amazon Recommendations - (tuberculosis) - (5)
             excellent book -NT - (boxley)
             Re: Your Amazon Recommendations - (orion) - (3)
                 :-/ -NT - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                     :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         ;^> -NT - (Ashton)
         Heh - (JayMehaffey) - (2)
             Heh - (orion) - (1)
                 No, just the one. -NT - (rcareaga)
         Wonderful, wonderful news, not. - (folkert) - (9)
             Glad to see you back, Greg! - (Nightowl)
             666th sign of the apocolypse, film at 11. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                 Owl faints. ;) -NT - (Nightowl)
             Glad to see you back... -NT - (imric) - (2)
                 Re: Glad to see you back... - (orion) - (1)
                     He wasn't talking to you -NT - (broomberg)
             Thanks for letting me breath. - (bepatient)
             Two tails and an ear - - (Ashton)
             I'm glad to see your back also. -NT - (JayMehaffey)