IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New bounce received
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to all of its recipients.
The following address(es) failed:

(your@email.address.at.comcast)
SMTP error from remote mailer after MAIL FROM:<iwethey splat mikevitale spot com> SIZE=2128:
host gateway-s.comcast.net [63.240.76.26]: 550-216.40.35.249 blocked by ldap:ou=rblmx,dc=comcast,dc=net
550 Blocked for abuse. Please send blacklist removal requests to blacklist_comcastnet@cable.comcast.com - Be sure to include your mail server IP ADDRESS.
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New WOW!
Mike, due to a family emergency yesterday (my 2yo granddaughter was admitted to the hospital w/ a bowel blockage...details later), I was unable to get to the check. So this means that Comcast, with all the self-righteousness it can muster without thoroughly embarrasing itself, thinks that your carrier (is it ATT) is a spamm supporter, or that you at mikevitale, etc is a known spammer? If it is the latter, I will write blacklist_comcastnet@cable.comcast.com and tell them to knock it off!

thanx-
jb4
"So don't pay attention to the approval ratings that say 68% of Americans disapprove of the job this man is doing. I ask you this, does that not also logically mean that 68% approve of the job he's not doing? Think about it. I haven't."
Stephen Colbert, at the White House Correspondent's Dinner 29Apr06
New Re: WOW!
So this means that Comcast, with all the self-righteousness it can muster without thoroughly embarrasing itself, thinks that your carrier (is it ATT) is a spamm supporter, or that you at mikevitale, etc is a known spammer? If it is the latter, I will write blacklist_comcastnet@cable.comcast.com and tell them to knock it off!
No, not that at all.

My ISP is WideOpenWorst cable.

I pay them $10 a month for the privilege of having a static IP address on their network.

Since this IP address is not a *business* IP address, it's in the residential section of their IP block.

Because it's a residential IP, it's not truly considered a static IP address, even though I'm paying for exactly that.

Because it's not really a static IP, it's considered a dynamic IP.

Dynamic IP blocks are listed in RBLs and whatnot.

I don't spam. AFAIK, my ISP doesn't officially support spamming. But when I send email through the webserver sitting at my knee, it's coming from a residential/dynamic IP, and most sites block it.

I should be over this hump in the next couple of weeks or so...I hope this is only temporary.
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New Got it.
I'll still sent a nastygram to that Comcast address, and tell them to let you through. It may not help, but it'll at least make me feel better. (How soothing it is to blast a wenis outfit like Comcast for making assumptions!)
jb4
"So don't pay attention to the approval ratings that say 68% of Americans disapprove of the job this man is doing. I ask you this, does that not also logically mean that 68% approve of the job he's not doing? Think about it. I haven't."
Stephen Colbert, at the White House Correspondent's Dinner 29Apr06
New Comcast are aggressive about spammable IPs.
The support are of the company I work for has a special section in their helpdesk software for email domains that filter email a bit too aggressively. Comcast is one of them.

Wade.
"Insert crowbar. Apply force."
     On vacation Thursday July 27 through Thursday Aug. 3 - (admin) - (12)
         Re: On vacation Thursday July 27 through Thursday Aug. 3 - (Yendor) - (11)
             that means only skip can receive your email - (boxley) - (10)
                 Not true - (Yendor) - (9)
                     Let's give comcast a try - (jb4) - (8)
                         /me whistles and looks at the sky - (boxley) - (1)
                             ermmm... HUH?!? -NT - (jb4)
                         test message sent -NT - (Yendor) - (5)
                             bounce received - (Yendor) - (4)
                                 WOW! - (jb4) - (3)
                                     Re: WOW! - (Yendor) - (1)
                                         Got it. - (jb4)
                                     Comcast are aggressive about spammable IPs. - (static)

I suspect that this sword is forged.
50 ms