IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New that means only skip can receive your email
anyone connected to an isp will be using dynrbl.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New Not true
yahoo.com and gmail.com have no problems accepting email from me, for example. ameritech.net rejects my email. I don't recall whether comcast.net accepts or rejects my email.
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New Let's give comcast a try
Set it to my personal e-mail, which is on comcast. You know the drill: my user id at burnsgroup followed by the full stop character followed by the TLA for commercial.

I'll look for it at home tonight.
jb4
"So don't pay attention to the approval ratings that say 68% of Americans disapprove of the job this man is doing. I ask you this, does that not also logically mean that 68% approve of the job he's not doing? Think about it. I haven't."
Stephen Colbert, at the White House Correspondent's Dinner 29Apr06
Expand Edited by jb4 July 26, 2006, 09:47:45 AM EDT
New /me whistles and looks at the sky
ATT mail cough
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New ermmm... HUH?!?
jb4
"So don't pay attention to the approval ratings that say 68% of Americans disapprove of the job this man is doing. I ask you this, does that not also logically mean that 68% approve of the job he's not doing? Think about it. I haven't."
New test message sent
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
New bounce received
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to all of its recipients.
The following address(es) failed:

(your@email.address.at.comcast)
SMTP error from remote mailer after MAIL FROM:<iwethey splat mikevitale spot com> SIZE=2128:
host gateway-s.comcast.net [63.240.76.26]: 550-216.40.35.249 blocked by ldap:ou=rblmx,dc=comcast,dc=net
550 Blocked for abuse. Please send blacklist removal requests to blacklist_comcastnet@cable.comcast.com - Be sure to include your mail server IP ADDRESS.
-YendorMike

New WOW!
Mike, due to a family emergency yesterday (my 2yo granddaughter was admitted to the hospital w/ a bowel blockage...details later), I was unable to get to the check. So this means that Comcast, with all the self-righteousness it can muster without thoroughly embarrasing itself, thinks that your carrier (is it ATT) is a spamm supporter, or that you at mikevitale, etc is a known spammer? If it is the latter, I will write blacklist_comcastnet@cable.comcast.com and tell them to knock it off!

thanx-
jb4
New Re: WOW!
So this means that Comcast, with all the self-righteousness it can muster without thoroughly embarrasing itself, thinks that your carrier (is it ATT) is a spamm supporter, or that you at mikevitale, etc is a known spammer? If it is the latter, I will write blacklist_comcastnet@cable.comcast.com and tell them to knock it off!
No, not that at all.

My ISP is WideOpenWorst cable.

I pay them $10 a month for the privilege of having a static IP address on their network.

Since this IP address is not a *business* IP address, it's in the residential section of their IP block.

Because it's a residential IP, it's not truly considered a static IP address, even though I'm paying for exactly that.

Because it's not really a static IP, it's considered a dynamic IP.

Dynamic IP blocks are listed in RBLs and whatnot.

I don't spam. AFAIK, my ISP doesn't officially support spamming. But when I send email through the webserver sitting at my knee, it's coming from a residential/dynamic IP, and most sites block it.

I should be over this hump in the next couple of weeks or so...I hope this is only temporary.
-YendorMike

New Got it.
I'll still sent a nastygram to that Comcast address, and tell them to let you through. It may not help, but it'll at least make me feel better. (How soothing it is to blast a wenis outfit like Comcast for making assumptions!)
jb4
New Comcast are aggressive about spammable IPs.
The support are of the company I work for has a special section in their helpdesk software for email domains that filter email a bit too aggressively. Comcast is one of them.

Wade.
"Insert crowbar. Apply force."
     On vacation Thursday July 27 through Thursday Aug. 3 - (admin) - (12)
         Re: On vacation Thursday July 27 through Thursday Aug. 3 - (Yendor) - (11)
             that means only skip can receive your email - (boxley) - (10)
                 Not true - (Yendor) - (9)
                     Let's give comcast a try - (jb4) - (8)
                         /me whistles and looks at the sky - (boxley) - (1)
                             ermmm... HUH?!? -NT - (jb4)
                         test message sent -NT - (Yendor) - (5)
                             bounce received - (Yendor) - (4)
                                 WOW! - (jb4) - (3)
                                     Re: WOW! - (Yendor) - (1)
                                         Got it. - (jb4)
                                     Comcast are aggressive about spammable IPs. - (static)

Determined absurdity.
58 ms