IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Housing market takes 3rd straight monthly decline
[link|http://money.cnn.com/2006/07/25/news/economy/homesales/index.htm?cnn=yes|CNN]
June was the third straight month of slower sales, and the lowest pace of sales since the seasonally adjusted number for January. The pace of sales is now 9 percent year-ago levels, and was down in each of the four regions of the country.

The median home price, which reflects the point at which half the homes sold cost more and half cost less, edged up to $231,000 from $229,000 in May.

But that marked only a 0.9 percent increase from a year earlier, which is the smallest year-over-year gain in home prices since May 1995. As recently as October, prices had jumped a record 16.8 percent from a year earlier due to tight supplies and bidding wars among buyers.

House prices have not begun to decline yet, but they are not going up either. Inventories are rising and sales are slowing, so it's only a matter of time. But the housing market is also very slow moving, taking months for small changes and years for big rises or falls.

Jay
New Prices are already falling in some areas
for comparable houses/condos. It's normal for the medium house price (what they reported) to continue to increase as sales drop, if house prices have increased so nobody can afford one (see California, south Florida, Boston, etc) - there are relatively fewer entry level home sales, so the medium skews up.

But plenty of people in bubblicious areas are having to drop their asking price. Just across the street from where I work, there's a Price Reduced sign on a condo (one of four condos for sale in that complex). I haven't seen a Price Reduced sign in Silicon Valley since the dot bomb implosion.

--Tony
     Housing market takes 3rd straight monthly decline - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
         Prices are already falling in some areas - (tonytib)

I think that might be an LRPDism candidate...
33 ms