IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Interesting
I WROTE a multi-language "word processor". It was for a publishing company that needed to create dictionaries in various languages.

The was 1st year of VGA time frame.

I also creates a font editor for them since they needed loadable fonts and they did not exist commercially yet.

Damn, I loved that program.

Took me about 2 months of hard core 20 a hour day hacking.
New Couldn't have been yours -
Clear language problem in the laughable efforts at 'help' (see, you'd Never have done something like That); minimal drivers for a couple or so, dot-matrix printers.. fortunately gotten on eval and returned.

Can't even recall time-frame now - early/mid '90s. Maybe yours would have been the keeper, but IIRC my friend ended up, much later, with Word6 add-ins to do the necessaries - while learning about fonts, type-faces and all that Stuff.

(And ~that stage, my first momentary immersion in industrial-strength Unix - to help with the sending/receiving of that-all, a long way across the nascent 'net' via Pine: Hey, we Won, too! Got props from the IT guys who'd missed the simplicity of teachin folks to make at least minimalist use of their assigned /Home repository, back there at IU. Loved. It. Our scheme worked for the local Macs, too..)

So then, how's come your group didn't CYA on the source for this indispensable moribund ap?

But moving right on back in time -
Me.. I truly MISS Tornado Notes! and the philosophy behind it.. never could wade through Info Select's (though verra nicely-done) Overkill; that plus the probability of repeated Doze-style 'up'grades into whatever next formats / conversions.

Hmmmm.. something Tornado-like for *nix out there?
What a great thing to run on minimalist Puppy Linux!
Instant free-form db for non-dbers, for us legions who shall never construct a sorting algorithm. Dedicate an ancient laptop to it? free some neurons.

Ashton

Barry, you ever use the handle "slurpy"? - (drewk) - (12)
         Re: Barry, you ever use the handle "slurpy"? - (pwhysall)
         Oooowwww. I like it. - (broomberg) - (10)
             Re: Oooowwww... dongles. - (Ashton) - (9)
                 Interesting - (broomberg) - (1)
                     Couldn't have been yours - - (Ashton)
                 Gavotte. Isn't that when... - (jb4) - (6)
                     Only when you do it to music. -NT - (imric)
                     That's a garotte. - (static) - (4)
                         I thought that was an orange root vegetable -NT - (bepatient) - (3)
                             Or purple - the original color - (broomberg) - (2)
                                 No, no, no. Those can't be beet! -NT - (imqwerky) - (1)
                                     Lettuce not go there! -NT - (jb4)

You're typing on a device that stores trillions of pieces of data and makes billions of computations per second with the ability to grab data on almost anything from around the world in milliseconds, using electricity transmitted from hundreds of kilometers through wires on towers dozens of meters tall connected to megastructures that do things like burn coal as fast as entire trains can pull into the yard, or spin in the wind with blades the size of jumbo jets, or the like, which were delivered to their location by vehicles with computer-timed engines burning a fuel that was pumped up halfway around the world from up to half a dozen kilometers underground and locked into complex strata (through wells drilled by diamond-lined bores that can be remote-control steered as they go), shipped around the world in tankers with volumes the size of large city blocks and the height of apartment complexes, run through complex chemical processes in unimaginable quantities, distributed nationwide and sold to you at a corner store for $1.80 a gallon, which you then pay for with a little piece of microchipped plastic, if not a smartphone, which does all of the aforementioned computer stuff but in a box the size of your hand that tolerates getting beaten up in your pocket all day.

But technology never seems to advance...

60 ms