IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New No, it is not anti-everything
It seems to me to be a very sane position.

There is a political strand in this country that says, "My country, right or wrong." I also do not understand this. This country is supposed to stand for something. To the extent that it stands for that, I'm supportive. To the extent that it doesn't, I'm not supportive. But I simply cannot agree with the brand of patriotism that says we must back the President because the President is President and we're at war, while said President is making horrible mistakes, costing lives, and is undermining the fabric of our democracy.

I'm sure that I'm not alone.

Cheers,
Ben
a very rich person should leave his kids enough to do anything but not enough to do nothing. -- Warren Buffett
New Patrotism, n. Combustible rubbish . . .
. . ready to the torch of any one ambitious to illuminate his name.
In Dr. Johnson's famous dictionary patriotism is defined as the last resort of a scoundrel. With all due respect to an enlightened but inferior lexicographer I beg to submit that it is the first.
- Ambrose Bierce
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New :-)
New If that was what she had said
then hey, no issue.

Thats not what she said.

And thats, kind of, my point. I don't have any issue with her position. I have even less of an issue with yours. In fact, your position is what makes this country great.

And that last line is what she appears to have attacked.

However, if she remains that incapable of making her point clearly, she will continue to be misunderstood, and continue to be bashed for it.

Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
     Does she have >any< clue? - (bepatient) - (44)
         Not running for office is she? - (Silverlock) - (29)
             No, she's destroying their careers. - (bepatient) - (28)
                 Interesting position - (drewk) - (27)
                     Well, it could be taken that way. - (bepatient) - (4)
                         Why wonder? - (drewk) - (1)
                             The first was a response to - (bepatient)
                         I've heard interviews - (broomberg)
                         They're changing their audience anyway - (admin)
                     You can state your opinion without insulting your fans - (tonytib) - (21)
                         You think the interview was insulting? - (drewk) - (20)
                             Yes - (tonytib) - (19)
                                 That's not insulting - (drewk) - (18)
                                     Mr K, c'mon now. The statement goes far beyond being "anti-" - (bepatient) - (17)
                                         Context is important. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                             Wasn't in der spiegel - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                 Thanks. I wonder about the editing though. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                     Seems to me that she used the wrong word. - (jb4) - (1)
                                                         I think you nailed it. -NT - (Silverlock)
                                         No, it is not anti-everything - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                             Patrotism, n. Combustible rubbish . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                                 :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                             If that was what she had said - (bepatient)
                                         Waidaminnit, there, BeeP - (jb4) - (1)
                                             Change your filters there bub. - (bepatient)
                                         Couple quotes for you. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                             Nice! yours are better organized. 'Tis folly though :-/ - (Ashton)
                                             Both well stated opinions. - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                 Pop tastes change. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                     While this disk - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                         Mob taste can change capriciously in weird times - (Ashton)
         Makes me want to buy her CD... -NT - (ben_tilly) - (1)
             Already did. -NT - (jb4)
         Has she never read the Dictionary? - (Ashton)
         Who gives a shit, anyway? - (pwhysall) - (10)
             you == me - (admin) - (9)
                 As a guitarist - (jake123) - (8)
                     So can Ritchie Blackmore - (pwhysall) - (7)
                         Maybe - (bionerd)
                         OH, I get it. - (jb4) - (1)
                             . <-- The point You --> .o/ - (pwhysall)
                         Not the point - (jake123) - (3)
                             I can too call it crummy music - (admin) - (2)
                                 Not in common usage up here - (jake123) - (1)
                                     I didn't say they were crummy. I said the music was crummy. -NT - (admin)

When things get creepy... blame it on the Boogie!
128 ms