IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Web Services
are basically killing off the original idea of J2EE's enterprise beans (which was what most people tend to think of J2EE is).

Think simplified J2EE Enterprise Bean - stateless, using XML and http protocol.

(Their biggest weakness is their lack of speed. Tux still blows them away...speaking as someone who'd like to see Tux die.)
New J2EE already has web services
EJB 2.1 application servers, such as JBoss 4, already support web services. A function in a stateless session bean can be invoked using RMI and SOAP. Good grief, you don't think I write stateful session beans, do you? It's not good that you have to wait for spec v3 till you don't need a third party code generator but it means the framework is starting to mature. I'd say that means it'll still be viable in 5 years time except the aforementioned pain of separate deployments will prompt a better system.
Matthew Greet

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
- Mark Renton, Trainspotting.
     One for Todd: Java Enterprise Edition to be dead in 5 years. - (Another Scott) - (14)
         It's already dead. - (admin) - (2)
             They have said that about OS/2 for years. - (folkert) - (1)
                 'They' say it about everything except Windows. -NT - (imric)
         Unless RMI gets fixed - (warmachine) - (10)
             If you don't see what's complex about it... - (admin) - (1)
                 That's a great way to put it. -NT - (folkert)
             Web Services - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                 J2EE already has web services - (warmachine)
             Does it really? - (drewk) - (5)
                 It does - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                     That's the problem with "Hello World" examples - (drewk) - (1)
                         That is probably the way to do it -NT - (ben_tilly)
                 "Half the code" isn't the issue. - (admin) - (1)
                     What he said -NT - (warmachine)

It would be good if people could help with the swift opening of bags that are wiggling and/or noisy.
44 ms