IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Does anyone have the new Opera V 9.0?
I have some questions about how to reconfigure some things in this new version, if anyone has had any experience with that, please let me know?

Thanks so much!

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
New I have new version
But I left all setting alone. Worked will in previous version, no need to change them.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
New Okay, here's the problem
I'm trying to remove the widgets tab from my taskbar, or at least move it left or right. I don't intend to use widgets at this time, and it's in the place where bookmarks used to be, so it's sort of annoying.

If anyone knows of a way to customize the task bars/toolbars, please enlighten me? I also keep trying to turn off the extender bar (I assume that's the one that keeps dropping below the main one with bookmarks and etc,. in it. But it seems to turn itself back on every time I re-open Opera.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
New Taskbar?
Sorry to sound so anal, but Opera doesn't have a 'taskbar' as such. Are you talking about the Menu, or a Panel? The former is difficult to customize as Opera doesn't have an interface to do this, but I have heard of people doing it. Panels, OTOH, you can customize right-clicking on the panelbar and selecting Customize. In fact, that applies to any of the toolbars in Opera.

Not sure what you mean by the "Extender bar", though. Opera is usually pretty good about remembering which things are open or not, so I think you might be referring to something else.

Wade.
"Insert crowbar. Apply force."
New Re: Taskbar?
Sorry to sound so anal, but Opera doesn't have a 'taskbar' as such. Are you talking about the Menu, or a Panel? The former is difficult to customize as Opera doesn't have an interface to do this, but I have heard of people doing it. Panels, OTOH, you can customize right-clicking on the panelbar and selecting Customize. In fact, that applies to any of the toolbars in Opera.

My mistake, it's called a toolbar. John found out how to remove the widgets option from it, but I'm not sure what he did. It's the one across the top that says File Edit View Bookmarks (did say Widgets) Tools, and Help. I wanted the Widgets one removed and we managed it. :) Bookmarks is a little farther to the left than I'm used to now, but at least I'm not accidentally clicking Widgets anymore. ;)

Not sure what you mean by the "Extender bar", though. Opera is usually pretty good about remembering which things are open or not, so I think you might be referring to something else.

The extender bar, I finally figured out the real name by guess work. It's called the Start Bar and it drops down below the http space and opens whenever you have Start Bar checked in the options. I unchecked it and it's gone, yay! Just go to view, click toolbars, and then you can choose which ones you want shown.

I'm adjusting to the new Opera fairly well, still a few things to get used to, like no longer closing a page in the top right corner of the screen for example, but I'm liking it. :) And it's really different that it no longer closes all the open tabs and such when I delete cookies... but hey, change is good, right?

Hope that explains things, Wade!

Brenda

Expand Edited by Nightowl July 12, 2006, 01:15:01 AM EDT
     Does anyone have the new Opera V 9.0? - (Nightowl) - (4)
         I have new version - (jbrabeck) - (3)
             Okay, here's the problem - (Nightowl) - (2)
                 Taskbar? - (static) - (1)
                     Re: Taskbar? - (Nightowl)

If I'm going to visit an exotic foreign land with L. Ron Hubbard or Jim Jones, I'll opt for the Scientology tour.
109 ms