IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Huh?
The problem is in receiving mail. The line in the log that I'm having trouble deciphering is:

02627 >>> 550 5.0.0 Access denied

This is coming from sendmail on my box (listed as xyz.com). It seems that sendmail can't write something to somewhere but I'm not sure exactly what or where.

550 is an smtp error code basically saying "I can't do that" the 5.0.0 is a mystery.

As for my obstinace for sticking with sendmail -- the reasons are many and varied. I'm not going to go into it here.

Cliff
New Oh.
I can only guess that your sendmail configuration is upset about email from netpipe.com. The 5.0.0 is probably a sendmail-specific error code. Considering all the advice so far about how to fix your problem has been to replace sendmail with something better, it doesn't look like there will be anyone who knows exactly what's wrong. Sorry.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New On replacing sendmail
You may be interested to know that exim can be used as a drop-in replacement for sendmail.

Indeed, on my system /sbin/sendmail is actually a symlink to exim.

This mainly works around the fact that many packages on Red Hat Linux require the smtpdaemon metapackage and I can't be bothered to make an exim RPM :-)

Peter
Shill For Hire
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
     Sendmail on Linux II -- the sequel - I FIGURED IT OUT - (clkennedy) - (11)
         Alternative to Sendmail - (nking) - (1)
             Re: Alternative to Sendmail - (clkennedy)
         By the way - (wharris2) - (1)
             Re: By the way - (clkennedy)
         Huh? - (static) - (3)
             Re: Huh? - (clkennedy) - (2)
                 Oh. - (static)
                 On replacing sendmail - (pwhysall)
         Re: Sendmail on Linux II -- the sequel - I FIGURED IT OUT. - (clkennedy) - (2)
             Congrats! Thanks for letting us know the solution. -NT - (Another Scott)
             host.allow and host.deny are there for a reason - (boxley)

I had to wonder. What does a Drag Sheep wear? Wolf's clothing?
39 ms