IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Gee, 2 sinus infections, and I've got an eye infection
For which I just started receiving medication. I don't know which warning concerns me more. The one listing all of the ways in which it has been known to kill people, or the one pointing out how likely it is that the medication will do nothing.

It is minor, but I'm under orders that if this does not clear up, I need to see an opthamologist.

Cheers,
Ben
a very rich person should leave his kids enough to do anything but not enough to do nothing. -- Warren Buffett
New Egads! Two snot-blowers and a Pink-Eye! Anybody else?
Smile,
Amy

[link|http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Amy%20Rathman|Pics of the Family]
New Not pink eye. Blepharitis. (Mild case though.)
a very rich person should leave his kids enough to do anything but not enough to do nothing. -- Warren Buffett
New *boggle* What do you need drops for?
Baby shampoo on a Q-tip, scrub the edges of your lids in the shower. Helps if you hold a *hot* steamy cloth over them while open, too.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Because the eye is infected as well.
New So, conjunctivitis.
Otherwise known as pinkeye.

Blepharitis is scaling and/or inflammation of the lids near the eyelashes. If the eye itself is inflamed, that's conjunctivitis.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New *ahem* I DO live with a doctor
In any case the conjuctivitis is very recent and so far very mild. (You can find it on an eye exam, but not just casually looking.) But the fact that the condition has persisted and is getting worse is why it is getting treated relatively aggressively right now.

Cheers,
Ben
New No, you SLEEP with a doctor...
She'll tell you anything you want :)

Besides, as soon as you start with the drops, you are fine. Just, uh, sit on the OTHER side of the table at Grey Lodge, okay? And, uh, use the LARGE bottle of hand sanitizer that I'll be bringing (that goes for everybody!). (I keed, I keed!)
Smile,
Amy

New Uhoh
So, if you don't manage to actually destroy the vehicle you are in, you have a second line of attack against the occupants.
New Luckily it is Bill's car I'm threatening. :-)
New I was admonished harshly just a few weeks ago.
By my General Practioner. He explained it to me.

Conjuntivits is Pink-Eye, but there are several types of it.
  • Viral Pink Eye, contagious. Light discharge, some residual crusting, typically only one eye.
  • Bacterial Pink Eye, also contagious, but far worsererer than viral. Heavy, sometimes green discharge, crusting of the eyes is typical sometimes completely blinding during the episode. Typically affects both eyes.
  • Chlamydia Pink Eye, yes the kind treated with tetracycline, and transmitted through eye touching or sex with body fluid exchange.
  • Allergic Pink Eye, caused by histomines reacting to Pollen, Pet Dander etc... resulting in scratching or rubbing the eye, worsening the condition
  • Chemical Pink Eye, Smoke from tobacco products, Hot Pepper residue, etc, typically removal of chemical irritant is enough to let it subside, although may continue for a week or more
  • Disease Induced Pink Eye, from things like: rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus. Kawasaki's disease, ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease.
  • Subconjuctival Hemorrhage, from rapid increase in blood pressure to the head, like laughing realy hard, severe vomitting, trying to pinch a huge loaf or getting smacked in the eye by your really strong Wiemaraner/Boxer so hard it makes you see stars (this is what I had, initially)
Infectious pink eye can only be caused by bacteria or viruses.

I had Subconjuctival Hemorrhage with a bit of "dirt", but my allergies aggravated the situation. Causing Allergic Pink Eye. I was given combo antibiotic, histomine blocker, slight numbing, inflammation reduction and a slide/wetting eyedrops. Within 3 days I was back to normal, but was told to keep the drops going till they were done. which was about 8 days.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
Freedom is not FREE.
Yeah, but 10s of Trillions of US Dollars?
SELECT * FROM scog WHERE ethics > 0;

0 rows returned.
New That's more than I *ever* wanted to know about Pink Eye!
Subconjuctival Hemorrhage, from rapid increase in blood pressure to the head, like laughing realy hard, severe vomitting, trying to pinch a huge loaf or getting smacked in the eye by your really strong Wiemaraner/Boxer so hard it makes you see stars (this is what I had, initially)

Why does this quote remind me of Cartman?
Smile,
Amy

New Not a sinus infection.
Common cold, no antibiotics needed.
When somebody asks you to trade your freedoms for security, it isn't your security they're talking about.
     I'm sick!! - (bionerd) - (39)
         DOH! - (admin)
         NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! - (drewk) - (4)
             Remember, she'll be in her own vehicle. - (folkert) - (3)
                 I have an in-dash CD player. Geez. - (bionerd) - (2)
                     And this'll be us - (drewk) - (1)
                         Just for that... - (bionerd)
         I hope you get over it soon. - (Another Scott)
         Diluted Hydrogen Peroxide flush? - (folkert) - (5)
             Oh, veeerry funny - (bionerd) - (4)
                 not so funny - (SpiceWare) - (3)
                     Remember, I have a high threshold of pain - (folkert) - (2)
                         Probably won't try it - (SpiceWare)
                         And remember what happened the last time I took your advice. - (bionerd)
         I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope you're better soon. -NT - (ben_tilly)
         Hope you're well in time for the Beepbash! -NT - (Nightowl)
         Get well, Girlfriend! - (imqwerky) - (9)
             Any germs remaining on Friday - (bionerd) - (8)
                 I can't wait! -NT - (imqwerky)
                 I think someone's drinking straight tequila -NT - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                     That could end up being your worst nightmare :-P -NT - (bionerd) - (4)
                         Do we need to put you on a leash? -NT - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                             Who's got the studded leather collar? -NT - (drewk) - (2)
                                 Don't get her too excited. ;-) -NT - (n3jja)
                                 It's already packed - (bionerd)
                     <envy /> - (jb4)
         Ditto. - (inthane-chan) - (13)
             Gee, 2 sinus infections, and I've got an eye infection - (ben_tilly) - (12)
                 Egads! Two snot-blowers and a Pink-Eye! Anybody else? -NT - (imqwerky) - (10)
                     Not pink eye. Blepharitis. (Mild case though.) -NT - (ben_tilly) - (9)
                         *boggle* What do you need drops for? - (admin) - (8)
                             Because the eye is infected as well. -NT - (ben_tilly) - (7)
                                 So, conjunctivitis. - (admin) - (6)
                                     *ahem* I DO live with a doctor - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                         No, you SLEEP with a doctor... - (imqwerky)
                                         Uhoh - (broomberg) - (1)
                                             Luckily it is Bill's car I'm threatening. :-) -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                     I was admonished harshly just a few weeks ago. - (folkert) - (1)
                                         That's more than I *ever* wanted to know about Pink Eye! - (imqwerky)
                 Not a sinus infection. - (inthane-chan)

OK, I know most of those words...
155 ms