Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Checkout his personal website
[link|http://www.scoats.com/|http://www.scoats.com/]

He fancies himself a computer geek.

How can we use this to our benefit?

hehehe.
New Point him here, tell him what we are.
Bring laptops to his bar. :-)
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Done
New Re: Done
Hello Everyone,

Many threads to respond to.

1) My Geekiness: After 12 years of running the bar, I don't have anywhere near as much geek cred as I used to. Due to a luck of timing and my background, The Grey Lodge Pub may have been the first bar to have a site on the Web. Recent years my attention has been more on content and useability (and cell phone compatability) than flashiness and so haven't kept up with the latest tricks. Our public Google Calendar is a cool addition to the Grey Lodge Internet accessability but didn't really use any heavy geek skills.

2) Flying Fish is a great brewery. You might logicially assume that their self-description of being smooth could be interpretted to mean sucking, which as a rule is usually true, but in this case isn't. They are a rock solid brewery that makes beers that are great without relying on over the top stuff. I recommend the tour; tell them I said "hi".

3) Philadelphia is not yet non-smoking. City Council passed a flawed bill and the mayor may or may not sign it into law. Even if he does, it won't take effect until January 2007.

4) You can use my geekiness to your benefit by possiblity convincing me to temporarily open up our wireless for you. I haven't opened it up to customers yet for several reasons. One is that a bar is for hanging out and being social, while looking at a laptop is pretty much a solitary activity, which is what we go out to get away from.

5) Of course, we'd prefer you come to us, but your other target bar, The Standard Tap, is a great place too. Great food, solid commitment to local beer, great owners. They link to us and we link to them on our Websites.

6) If you folks choose us, we will do our best to fit you in and make you comfortable. We don't have an event planned for next Friday so we aren't expecting an above-average crowd, but we never know what to expect. We also have the advantage of being right over the Tacony Palmyra Bridge from NJ.

Thanks for considering us.
New Hey, thanks for posting, Scoats!
Do you just carry local microbrews, or are you open to trying to obtain beers from farther away?

And opening the wireless would be cool, because we could record all of our quotes directly into the website. ;-)
Regards,

-scott anderson

New Re: Hey, thanks for posting, Scoats!
You're welcome.

We tend to be heavy on local micros but are always open to anything that is interesting.
New I'll bring you a few bottles from a local in Michigan
If we end up at your place.

[link|http://www.beercos.com/|http://www.beercos.com/] - Rochester Mills makes a beer called Cornerstone IPA that I can't get enough of. I'll bring a few bottles so you can see what it's like, although obviously the bottles won't give the full effect of the beer right from the tap.
Regards,

-scott anderson

And then, for a pub: - (broomberg) - (9)
         Judging from the reviews.. - (admin) - (8)
             We got smokers? - (broomberg)
             Checkout his personal website - (broomberg) - (6)
                 Point him here, tell him what we are. - (admin) - (5)
                     Done -NT - (broomberg) - (4)
                         Re: Done - (Scoats) - (3)
                             Hey, thanks for posting, Scoats! - (admin) - (2)
                                 Re: Hey, thanks for posting, Scoats! - (Scoats) - (1)
                                     I'll bring you a few bottles from a local in Michigan - (admin)

According to one source, the average British driver will let rip 912 pints of fart during their lifetime.
65 ms