IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The ancient teachings of Mu
Whatever this is, some claim that it was the first religion used before any of the other ones. It stated that there was only one God, and that there was a set of rules to live by. That in the afterlife, people got asked a series of questions on how they lived and if they answer right, they get rewarded and if they answer wrong, they get punished. Some say that the 27 questions got turned into the 10 commandments. That many of the symbols in the religion of Mu, got used in many modern religions.

Is any of this true, or proven? Anyone know? Or are the teachings of Mu, just a fraud?

Could it have been a religion before humanity begain writing down history? Or is it a hoax?

"Will code Visual BASIC for cash."
New I wouldn't believe it
Mu is the name of a [link|http://www.win.ne.jp/~eileenl/poleshift/mu&at1.html|mythical continent] (sister to Atlantis) that vanished. Add in usual stuff about lost civilizations, etc. (Add in usual stuff about plate tectonics, etc for why this is bull.)

By definition any religions they had would (according to believers) predate any we know about today. Add in appropriate mumbo-jumbo (eg past life regression), and voila! Make up whatever you want and The Ancient Teachings of Mu have been rediscovered! (Plus they conveniently say what you want them to say. Funny how that works.)

Of course talking in this way demonstrates that I have an excess of left-brain thinking preventing me from finding the inner truth of the Universe. (Convenient line that, anything anyone says that smacks of logic is now ruled out of bounds. Get someone to believe that and you are golden!)

Cheers,
Ben
New Some links I found
[link|http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0914732242/ref=pd_sxp_elt_l1/104-2586768-5548760|The sacred symbols of MU]

[link|http://www.conceptual.net.au/~jackc/mu.htm|The temple of Mu]

I wish I could find more that are not like UFO Conspiracy sites talking about a lost contenent, or some other crap. It may have been more like an island that sunk or something.

Churchward claimed that Christianity has the same rules as those that Osasis used over 10,000 years ago, that both are based on the teachings of Mu? Is this correct, or just a big coincidence?

"Will code Visual BASIC for cash."
New It is made-up BS
There is a reason that most of the sites linking to this are things like UFO conspiracy sites.

There is no solid archeological or geological evidence that Mu existed. It was dreamed up by people who believed in Atlantis, saw that the Pacific was a bigger and better ocean, and reasoned that the Pacific must therefore have had a bigger and better lost continent. They made up the name Mu for this, and went from there to "proving" that it existed, and doing "research" on what life there was like (much of which consists of testimonials from people who "remember" past lives there - never mind conflicts between different accounts or contradictions with archeological evidence). Many have tied all of this in to visits from advanced alien civilizations (aka UFOs).

Believe me or not, but I am strongly advising you to keep an eye on your BS meter, because if it is at all functional it is going to be pegged pretty quickly. You shouldn't be asking whether it is coincidence that Christianity has the same rules that were used on Oasis 10,000 years ago. You should be asking how the f*ck they know what rules were used on Oasis 10,000 years ago, or are they just blowing solid smoke out their collective asses? (Guess what I believe?)

And, having made my opinion on this crap utterly clear, I won't bother posting any more on it. I hope you get some amusement value from the topic because that is all it is worth.

Cheers,
Ben
New Re: The ancient teachings of Mu
Depends on whether they're Justified, as well as being Ancient.

Peter
Shill For Hire
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
New And do they drive an ice-cream van?
On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
New Mine's a 99.

Peter
Shill For Hire
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
New Time for the JAMs.

AKA the Timelords. Got it on vinyl. :-)

Doctor WHOOO-ooooo, Doctor Who!
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Dont read any L Ron Hubbard Books
Long ago (he theorizes) the earth was one huge land mass which later splintered into todays continents. On that land mass were humanoids that discovered lust, greed, envy, theft and murder. They found if they could restrain themselves from these actions, life for all would be better. Simple ideas are copied forward. Did G_d give the 10 commandments to Moses on the Mountain or did he write them down because the Jews of the period were forgetful ninnies? The ideals of the 10 commandments are common sense codified. Forget Mu, if they were so hot stuff name one of their football teams. :)
thanx,
bill
My Dreams aren't as empty as my conscience seems to be
New Good choice
Battlefield Earth (the book) and the idiotic "breath-gas" cured me of Hubbard. One of these days I may watch the movie, but it can't be too much worse than the book, can it?
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
New Movie-
Not having read the book, I can't give a comparison. I will say the book would have to be truly awful to be any worse than the movie. The movie was one of the worst crapfests I've seen in years.
When I visit the aquarium, the same thought keeps running through my mind;
Leemmmooonnn, Buuttteerrr, MMMmmmmmm good!
New It's early in the week
but you just gave me a big laugh. For the moment, you own the "laugh" award. The book *was* pretty crummy.
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
New Hey I kinda liked his sci fi
Space operas plain and simple with cartoon cutouts for characters and a Capt Kirk attitude.
thanx,
bill
New Which SF?
Battlefield Earth stunk. I remember reading some of his earlier stuff and thinking it wasn't that bad, but I don't remember specifics.
-- Donald Knuth
New battlefield earth was a cartoon in words
he was a hack but a good hack,
thanx,
bill
New Wasn't bad...
... as long as you weren't expecting literature. Like E.E. Doc Smith, but a bit modernized.

I actually have the entire Decology he wrote. Very amusing, actually, if you read it as humor. I *really* hope he wasn't serious, though. Couldn't have been... it was just too over the top.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New I read the book.
I wasn't really impressed with it. Not enough to read it again. I think he really tried too hard to use all sorts of genres. The book was, at core, a drama, with elements of romance and comedy. He stated in the introduction that he didn't like fantasy, but there was some (of the "Star Wars" variety, if you know what I mean).

In the same introduction, he said something about being a science-fiction writer. Unfortunately, he didn't know his science very well. The idea of the Psyklos physiology being different was actually rather good, if unoriginal, but then he tried to explain it and showed he had very little clue about basic cell biology. It was also most annoying he never named just what "breath-gas" was. I also found the way he had his characters use very very long zooms to "look in the past" to be somewhat suspect.

I don't think Hubbard was a terribly good writer.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New One thing you have to credit L. Ron
That is - in a culture which worships 'success' no-matter-how:

He saw (and said) quite starkly, the way to become really rich (er, before M$ and the time of legions of the suited gullible) is to start a new religion...

He did. And did. Same patron saint as Billy's: Paul Joseph G\ufffdebbels. And he got a freebie: immortality. His boys n'girls are still out there buying their Clears so's to become The Clearest One of All..

Oh.. and they dress rilly well, too.

Who needs orgasms when ya gots yer Orgones?
New Daggone it
Has Rev. Wild Bill lost his chance? There can't be *that* many gullable people, can there?

On second thought.... The Church of Everlasting Holy Redemption is Open for Business!!!!
-- Donald Knuth
New For a more real version, look up Zoroaster
Also predates Judaism. But there are archeological records and old books.

I'm not sure how direct the lineage is, but there are some very strong similarities with certain modern middle-east based religious practices. In particular, the Aryan (no noticable connection to the goofy racial theories of certain Germans) heresy, AKA the eternal struggle between good and evil with the physical world being pretty much entirely evil. I don't remember a lot of details, other than Mazda being the name of the god of light and all that is good.

There was a really fun series of science fiction humor books in which the central character, Bill the Galactic Hero, was a Zoroastrian fundimentalist. Less funny after reading what some real Zoroastrian fundimentalists had to say. Suffice it to say that the perverse fixation on sexual rules that lead to eternal damnation when broken is apparently quite a bit older than the assignment of a number less than 2 to the transcendant. And that the christian Dante was considerably mellower than his ancient predecessor.

----
"You don't have to be right - just use bolded upper case" - annon.
New hey bawb
author,
harry harrison also author of the stainless steel rat among others
New Thanks - couldn't recall the author's name right off
----
"You don't have to be right - just use bolded upper case" - annon.
New Love. It.
Suffice it to say that the perverse fixation on sexual rules that lead to eternal damnation when broken is apparently quite a bit older than the assignment of a number less than 2 to the transcendant.

Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle..

A nicely compact reminder of the Either/Or comfort-mentality suffusing mechanistic cultures wherever found(ed).

Yup - take sex, throw in a gaggle o' fears about bumps in the night: and stir.

Thanks for the reminder about One/Many/___ (have we nothing in between?)

Ashton
     The ancient teachings of Mu - (nking) - (22)
         I wouldn't believe it - (ben_tilly)
         Some links I found - (nking) - (1)
             It is made-up BS - (ben_tilly)
         Re: The ancient teachings of Mu - (pwhysall) - (3)
             And do they drive an ice-cream van? -NT - (Meerkat) - (1)
                 Mine's a 99. -NT - (pwhysall)
             Time for the JAMs. - (admin)
         Dont read any L Ron Hubbard Books - (boxley) - (10)
             Good choice - (wharris2) - (7)
                 Movie- - (Silverlock) - (1)
                     It's early in the week - (wharris2)
                 Hey I kinda liked his sci fi - (boxley) - (3)
                     Which SF? - (wharris2) - (1)
                         battlefield earth was a cartoon in words - (boxley)
                     Wasn't bad... - (admin)
                 I read the book. - (static)
             One thing you have to credit L. Ron - (Ashton) - (1)
                 Daggone it - (wharris2)
         For a more real version, look up Zoroaster - (mhuber) - (3)
             hey bawb - (boxley) - (1)
                 Thanks - couldn't recall the author's name right off -NT - (mhuber)
             Love. It. - (Ashton)

Sweet baby Jesus on a skateboard, that's all that matters.
82 ms