IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I like pretty much everything else
And I don't dislike all Asian. Just Japanese, and I'll probably not be in the mood for Chinese. Though I will do Chinese if everyone else does.

But I love Thai. Indian. Mexican is OK.

What's wrong with the plan of separate restaurant and bar?

Ben
The great masses of people ... will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one. -- Adolf Hitler
New I love Thai as well
Ok, people, start speaking up. Do I focus on Thai, and find a place that 'X' can fit, is a reasonable distance, and has good food? I need a good idea of how many X equates to.

There are several Thai places within 5 miles of my house. I've tried 4 of them. I liked them all. In the list above is Siri's, which is about 3 miles the Bridge to philly where we can followup on the high end beer reguests. Siri's focuses on the French aspect. But I'm not sure on size.

There's another one on the Cherry Hill / Marlton border, abdout 5 miles down rt 70, that I've gone to several times recently. I'd say would could gather a crowd there nicely. Crispy duck is very good. Something blossom, I'll track it down.

Bangcok City is around the corner from me as well. Geiw grob and Miew Grob are quite good, the glass rolls are wonders, and the pressed duck is very good. A bit smaller than the other 2, but I've seen them accomodate a decent crown with notice.

For Bionerd Thai offers vegetarian. For me, I get variety of sweet and spicy appetizers and then the crispy duck, followed by sweet desert.

Siri's has a liquor license, which means food more expensive, and no (or frowned upon) byob. The food itself might be a notch above the others, but at this level we are splitting hairs. The others are byob and have less "atmosphere".

Beep - you got any closer suggestions?
New Thai is good.
The only thing I don't want is "steak by the inch" or anywhere else that's mainly beef.

BYOB is fine, I guess, but as long as we go somewhere else afterwards where they pull pints of thick beer.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New No sushi!!
I will not be able to sit at the same table and watch you eat that stuff! Bleck. Otherwise, I really dont care. I'm not coming for the food or the booze (okay, well maybe the booze). I coming for the company. We could be in a dank little hole in the wall and I would be happy. Matter of fact, the less fancy, the better.
Whatever you pick will be fine with me.
Sometimes.
When a man is alone in his room...
he wears stretchy pants.
It's for fun.
New Don't worry
Ben's NO JAPANESE rules it out.

On the other hand, bman hates Thai.

So, I told him to offer alternatives. Publicly. No whining aloud allowed without making helpful suggestions.
     Route planning for the Bash - (drewk) - (47)
         Re: Route planning for the Bash - (Yendor)
         I 80 is a hard drive - (bionerd) - (5)
             True - (drewk)
             Not to mention that it's a permanent construction site. -NT - (imric) - (3)
                 And you are saying the Turnpike isn't? -NT - (folkert) - (2)
                     I've just spent - (imric)
                     80 is different - (broomberg)
         Me? I don't care. - (folkert)
         Too much extra time - (bepatient) - (4)
             Uhhh, but what about the massive... - (folkert) - (3)
                 That's the big question - (drewk) - (2)
                     Heed not the disinformation blitz, too - - (Ashton) - (1)
                         We've experienced the evil though... - (admin)
         The next question is... - (folkert) - (33)
             Re: The next question is... - (admin) - (30)
                 I'm off Monday - (drewk) - (29)
                     Re: I'm off Monday - (lincoln)
                     Lots of other choices - (broomberg) - (27)
                         You pick, it's your stomping grounds. - (admin) - (11)
                             OK, I'll do a bit of research - (broomberg) - (10)
                                 Ok, here's my 1st cut - (broomberg) - (9)
                                     I'll probably be there in time for dinner... - (ben_tilly) - (8)
                                         Probably be there in time? - (broomberg) - (1)
                                             Well you know what the airplane schedule is - (ben_tilly)
                                         Jeez - (broomberg) - (5)
                                             I like pretty much everything else - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                                 I love Thai as well - (broomberg) - (3)
                                                     Thai is good. - (admin)
                                                     No sushi!! - (bionerd) - (1)
                                                         Don't worry - (broomberg)
                         I care not where. Except one thing. - (folkert) - (14)
                             Either BYOB or specialty bar - (broomberg) - (1)
                                 Either way my requirement would be fulfilled. -NT - (folkert)
                             Can you define GREAT? - (broomberg) - (11)
                                 I define Great as: Drinkable without making excuses. - (folkert) - (10)
                                     Is this any good? - (broomberg) - (9)
                                         Good looking beer. - (folkert) - (8)
                                             That's too bad - (broomberg) - (4)
                                                 Just find a place that has non-pisswater on tap besides... - (folkert) - (3)
                                                     Oh, Sam Adams is OK? - (broomberg) - (2)
                                                         Not for a pub. - (admin) - (1)
                                                             And then, for a pub: (new thread) - (broomberg)
                                             Wanna tour the brewery? - (broomberg) - (2)
                                                 Sounds fun. -NT - (admin)
                                                 Did someone say "field trip"? -NT - (drewk)
             All that sounds fine - (bionerd) - (1)
                 Ooooooooooh ... that sounded like a challenge - (drewk)

When things get spooky... blame it on the Boogie!
136 ms