IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Can someone ping something for me?
Or can someone tell me how to do it? I've only done it once before and can't remember.

Yahoo.com is not working for me, (mail wise) and this is a really bad day for it to not be working, (due to the reunion in 3 days and people writing me).

So could someone help me out, please? I need to know if it's their end or mine if possible.

Thanks!

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
New The fact that you can post here
indicates that it's probably their end, not yours.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New Thanks, that helps
At least I can stop resetting the modem, thinking maybe it's the problem.

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
New Resetting the modem?
If you can get everywhere else, but one place is having a problem, you can safely conclude that the problem isn't in your connection to the Internet.

You should read a bit about how networking (and spedifically tcp/ip, the method of networking used on the Internet) works. It will help you understand and troubleshoot problems a lot better.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New Re: Resetting the modem?
If you can get everywhere else, but one place is having a problem, you can safely conclude that the problem isn't in your connection to the Internet.

You should read a bit about how networking (and spedifically tcp/ip, the method of networking used on the Internet) works. It will help you understand and troubleshoot problems a lot better.

I know some things about how the Internet works. However, my new (Non US Robotics)modem is a little weird sometimes, so I can't always tell for sure. What was frustrating was that Yahoo wasn't completely down, which is why I was confused. I know what loss of name service is, and that wasn't seeming to happen, because I could get to Yahoo.com and IWT and etc and load their pages. So I knew it wasn't my ISP, but could have been the modem. The problem with Yahoo was such that I could load home page, even the group's home pages(which wasn't much help when I needed to be signed in), so I was pretty confused.

Sometimes my modem gets screwy, it's an external modem and sometimes seems to think we're connected when we aren't, and aren't when we are. But it was the only modem that finally gave me a high speed connection that was stable with our ISP. So whenever it seems like it's "hanging" and isn't sure about loading, I hit the power button and turn it off and back on to reset the modem. Most times it works. Today, it didn't. It's worth messing with it though, just to have the stable higher speed dial up connection. :)

Thanks, and Yahoo finally came back up. Whew... it's only 3 days till the reunion and I needed to get in there to the Reunion Group. :)

Brenda

Can someone ping something for me? - (Nightowl) - (4)
         The fact that you can post here - (jake123) - (3)
             Thanks, that helps - (Nightowl) - (2)
                 Resetting the modem? - (jake123) - (1)
                     Re: Resetting the modem? - (Nightowl)

Perhaps someone needs to clarify a few items in the process so we can actually complete the process.
66 ms