IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New beaf heart good
slice into smallish cubes and soak overnight in port wine (not too cheap a wine)
slice up a bunch of scallions mushrooms and garlic.
Take heart out of wine (keep wine)
quickly brown in olive oil then remove before fully cooked (it cooks fast)
add some butter then sautee the scallions and mushrooms
add some worcester sauce, touch soy and yellow mustard add heart cubes
mix some flour with the wine then pour mixture over food and stir until it thickens,
serve with rice.
Im sure Andrew has some recipes
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New Thought for sure you were gonna say...
"throw away the beef heart cubes and eat the rest" :)
Smile,
Amy

[link|http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Amy%20Rathman|Pics of the Family]
New the vegi crap is for flavor, I usually dont eat it
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New It's an old joke that Critter used to say all the time
Smile,
Amy

[link|http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Amy%20Rathman|Pics of the Family]
New Oh, I've recipes all right - but . . .
. . considering comments on some of my recipes, I'm not sure how many here would up to "stuff the ventricles . . . wrap in cheesecloth . . . serve up on a platter surrounded by the vegetables and slice into individual portiona". Just a bit too "organic" maybe?

Other recipes call for the heart to be pickled same as pickling tongue.

Most heart recipes are a little more trouble than I'd want to go to for just one heart, so I'd just cube it up and brown it along with my beef shins and veal shanks to make up the next batch of Demi-Glace.

Well . . . the truth be known, I haven't dabbled in the Frech Grand Cuisine for many years, so I'd probably just dice the thing up small and toss it in with the the off-cuts from the cheap lumps of beef I buy to make a nice beef stock.

Beef stock is a handy staple ingredient for Korean, Southeast Asian, North and South American (including Canada, even though it's not moose) and Europen cuisine - but not India (or local Hari Krishna).

I think beef heart (properly processed) is kosher but I'm not absolutely sure.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     What to do with a beef heart - (Silverlock) - (12)
         You shouldn't be thinking food, you should be thinking ... - (drewk) - (1)
             Well yes, I agree. - (Silverlock)
         Re: What to do with a beef heart - (admin)
         Promote it to Captain. -NT - (pwhysall)
         One idea.. - (ben_tilly)
         Transplant it into another cow - (bionerd)
         beaf heart good - (boxley) - (4)
             Thought for sure you were gonna say... - (imqwerky) - (2)
                 the vegi crap is for flavor, I usually dont eat it -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                     It's an old joke that Critter used to say all the time -NT - (imqwerky)
             Oh, I've recipes all right - but . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         Beats me! -NT - (imqwerky)

The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
44 ms