1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Cold Turkey
John Lennon
New Cold Gin
Kiss
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Cold Ethyl
Alice Cooper
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New Skating Away On The Thin Ice Of A New Day
Jethro Tull
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
Expand Edited by lincoln June 8, 2006, 10:57:08 PM EDT
New New Day Yesterday
same artist
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Yesterday
Lennon & McCartney, et al
jb4
"So don't pay attention to the approval ratings that say 68% of Americans disapprove of the job this man is doing. I ask you this, does that not also logically mean that 68% approve of the job he's not doing? Think about it. I haven't."
Stephen Colbert, at the White House Correspondent's Dinner 29Apr06
New Day By Day
cast of "Godspell"

lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

New Hour by Hour
from "Crossfire" by the late great SRV.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New Little By Little
The lovely Dusty Springfield (and probably many others)
Two out of three people wonder where the other one is.
New On And On
Stephen Bishop
lincoln

New On and On and On
Abba
Two out of three people wonder where the other one is.
New My heart will go on
Celine Dion

The connection should be, well, let's just say that the song is not short. :-)

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Too drunk to fuck
Dead Kennedys.

The antiganger of Celine Dion's This Heart Will Go On.
New I Drink Alone
George Thorogood & The Destroyers
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New Fuck and Run
Liz Phair

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New If You See Kay
April Wine
Smile,
Amy

[link|http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Amy%20Rathman|Pics of the Family]
New She Caught the Katy
Blues Brothers
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New Jack Straw
Grateful Dead

Linkage:

"The Katy" is railfan lingo for the (now defunct) Missouri, Kansas and Texas (MK&T) railroad. Given that we're talking about catching trains on "fallen flags", the linkage to Jack Straw is the verse:

"Catch the Detroit Lightning
Out of Santa Fe
Great Northern out of Cheyenne
From sea to shining sea
"
jb4
"So don't pay attention to the approval ratings that say 68% of Americans disapprove of the job this man is doing. I ask you this, does that not also logically mean that 68% approve of the job he's not doing? Think about it. I haven't."
Expand Edited by jb4 June 29, 2006, 11:10:09 AM EDT
New Minute By Minute
The Doobie Brothers
lincoln

New Next 5 Minutes
Steven Curtis Chapman
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New New York Minute
The Eagles
lincoln

New Englishman in New York
Sting

Cheers,
Ben
The great masses of people ... will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one. -- Adolf Hitler
New Mad Dogs & Englishmen
Noel Coward
jb4
New Parcel of Rogues
Traditional Scottish. Words due to Robert Burns I believe.

Connection: It is about the English. :-)

Cheers,
Ben
The great masses of people ... will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one. -- Adolf Hitler
New Don't Worry About the Government
Talking Heads

connection: rogues & government, you have to ask?? :-)
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New Why Worry
Dire Straits

Cheers,
Ben
New Don't Worry, Be Happy
Bobby McFerrin
lincoln

New You've Made Me So Very Happy
Blood, Sweat & Tears
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New Whatever I am, you made me
Tracy Nelson
jb4
New You and Me
Neil Young
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New You and Me
Moody Blues (completely different song)
jb4
New Just You And Me
Chicago
lincoln

New Just Between You and Me
April Wine
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New Torn Between Two Lovers
Mary McGregor
lincoln

Expand Edited by lincoln June 27, 2006, 11:24:56 PM EDT
New Entre Nous
Rush

Connection: As any high-school French survivor will tell you, "entre nous" translates to "between us".
jb4
New Just The Two Of Us
Grover Washington
Have fun,
Carl Forde
     Let's All Get Drunk and Screw - (imqwerky) - (67)
         What Have I Been Drinkin'? - (cforde) - (2)
             Tequila - (imqwerky) - (1)
                 Tequila Sunrise - (cforde)
         Gnawin' on it - (ben_tilly) - (63)
             Black Cat Bone - (cforde) - (62)
                 Stray Cat Strut - (ben_tilly) - (61)
                     Her Strut - (lincoln) - (60)
                         Ease On Down the Road - (cforde) - (59)
                             Further on Up the Road - (bepatient) - (58)
                                 Why Don't We Do It In the Road? - (jb4) - (57)
                                     Let's Do It (Let's Fall In Love) - (imqwerky) - (2)
                                         You've Got to Stand for Something - (jb4) - (1)
                                             Stand - (lincoln)
                                     Road Fever - (lincoln) - (53)
                                         Road to Nowhere - (cforde) - (52)
                                             Tarkio Road - (jb4) - (51)
                                                 Middle Of The Road - (lincoln) - (50)
                                                     Tobacco Road - (jb4) - (49)
                                                         Twenty Small Cigars - (imqwerky) - (48)
                                                             My Last Cigarette - (ben_tilly) - (47)
                                                                 You take my breath away. - (imqwerky) - (46)
                                                                     The Air That I Breathe - (ben_tilly) - (45)
                                                                         Every Breath You Take - (lincoln) - (44)
                                                                             Dupe - (ben_tilly) - (43)
                                                                                 Crimson and Clover - (jb4) - (42)
                                                                                     Half dupe - (lincoln) - (41)
                                                                                         OK, then...Red Rain - (jb4) - (40)
                                                                                             no, it was the artist - (imqwerky) - (39)
                                                                                                 Art for Art's Sake - (jb4) - (38)
                                                                                                     Minstrel in the Gallery - (imqwerky) - (37)
                                                                                                         Turkey in the Straw - (jb4) - (36)
                                                                                                             Cold Turkey - (imqwerky) - (35)
                                                                                                                 Cold Gin - (bepatient) - (34)
                                                                                                                     Cold Ethyl - (jake123) - (33)
                                                                                                                         Skating Away On The Thin Ice Of A New Day - (lincoln) - (32)
                                                                                                                             New Day Yesterday - (bepatient) - (31)
                                                                                                                                 Yesterday - (jb4) - (30)
                                                                                                                                     Day By Day - (lincoln) - (29)
                                                                                                                                         Hour by Hour - (jake123) - (28)
                                                                                                                                             Little By Little - (Meerkat) - (27)
                                                                                                                                                 On And On - (lincoln) - (8)
                                                                                                                                                     On and On and On - (Meerkat) - (7)
                                                                                                                                                         My heart will go on - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                                                                                                                                                             Too drunk to fuck - (jake123) - (5)
                                                                                                                                                                 I Drink Alone - (cforde)
                                                                                                                                                                 Fuck and Run - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                                                                                                                                                     If You See Kay - (imqwerky) - (2)
                                                                                                                                                                         She Caught the Katy - (cforde) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                                             Jack Straw - (jb4)
                                                                                                                                                 Minute By Minute - (lincoln) - (17)
                                                                                                                                                     Next 5 Minutes - (cforde) - (16)
                                                                                                                                                         New York Minute - (lincoln) - (15)
                                                                                                                                                             Englishman in New York - (ben_tilly) - (14)
                                                                                                                                                                 Mad Dogs & Englishmen - (jb4) - (13)
                                                                                                                                                                     Parcel of Rogues - (ben_tilly) - (12)
                                                                                                                                                                         Don't Worry About the Government - (cforde) - (11)
                                                                                                                                                                             Why Worry - (ben_tilly) - (10)
                                                                                                                                                                                 Don't Worry, Be Happy - (lincoln) - (9)
                                                                                                                                                                                     You've Made Me So Very Happy - (cforde) - (8)
                                                                                                                                                                                         Whatever I am, you made me - (jb4) - (7)
                                                                                                                                                                                             You and Me - (cforde) - (6)
                                                                                                                                                                                                 You and Me - (jb4) - (5)
                                                                                                                                                                                                     Just You And Me - (lincoln) - (4)
                                                                                                                                                                                                         Just Between You and Me - (cforde) - (3)
                                                                                                                                                                                                             Torn Between Two Lovers - (lincoln) - (2)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Entre Nous - (jb4) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Just The Two Of Us - (cforde)

Minimal oversight is seen as more expensive and odious than frequent disaster.
437 ms