IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The wait begins - massive layoffs announced where I work
A layoff of 10%+ of the workforce was just announced where I work. I think my job is relatively safe because my group does consulting type work and actually brings in money, but you never know. Just in case I need to update my resume and start making inquiries so if the worst happens I have options. The worst thing about it is the uncertainty and the waiting. I went through this once and was one of those layed off (they closed my whole group), I hope this time I have better luck.
New Fingers crossed for you. Hang in there.
New good luck
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
New I hate that feeling
stay cool, and start checking out your options
good luck
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New The life of a contractor
Every September (end of FY), I have to see if I get renewed. Last year 40 contractors were cut. No word, yet, on this year. And it doesn't matter if the work is done, it's all politics.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
New Been there, done that
Will keep you in my prayers that you aren't one of the ones this time.

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life."

By Geoffrey F. Abert
     The wait begins - massive layoffs announced where I work - (bluke) - (5)
         Fingers crossed for you. Hang in there. -NT - (Another Scott)
         good luck -NT - (jbrabeck)
         I hate that feeling - (cforde) - (1)
             The life of a contractor - (jbrabeck)
         Been there, done that - (Nightowl)

They aim to win Wimbledon!
50 ms