IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Santa Monica Boulevard
Sheryl Crow

Connection, this is one of the main roads taking people to/from Hollywood.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Hollywood Nights
Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band

lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New Theme from Tootsie (An Actor's Life)
Herbie Mann
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New Theme from an Italian Restaurant
Billy Joel
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New nothing to see here.. grrr
Have fun,
Carl Forde
Expand Edited by cforde June 1, 2006, 02:10:44 AM EDT
New that's an oops: Scenes From an Italian Restaurant
Billy Joel
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New Re: Santa Monica Boulevard
Actual title is "All I wanna do (is have some fun)"
jb4
"So don't pay attention to the approval ratings that say 68% of Americans disapprove of the job this man is doing. I ask you this, does that not also logically mean that 68% approve of the job he's not doing? Think about it. I haven't."
Stephen Colbert, at the White House Correspondent's Dinner 29Apr06
New Gah
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Celluloid Heroes
The Kinks

connection: You can see all the stars as you walk down Hollywood Boulevard
New Soap Star Joe
Liz Phair

Connection:
He's just a hero
In a long line of heroes
Looking for something attractive to save
They say he rode in
On the back of a pickup
And he won't leave town
'til you remember his name

Cheers,
Ben
New Pinball Wizard.
The Who.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Do You Believe In Magic
Lovin Spoonful
jb4
"So don't pay attention to the approval ratings that say 68% of Americans disapprove of the job this man is doing. I ask you this, does that not also logically mean that 68% approve of the job he's not doing? Think about it. I haven't."
New I'm a Believer
Monkees
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

New Theme for Greatest American Hero TV show
Connection, Believe it or not, I'm walking on air

Cheers,
Ben

PS OK, I had to google the song name. But I knew the song because a sister really liked it.
New We don't need another Hero
Tina Turner

(TV themes, eh? Your title-fu is getting a bit weak, grasshopper...)
jb4
New Disposable Heroes
Metallica

New Jukebox Hero.
Foreigner.

(Who wanted to reply "Disposable Heroes of Hiphopricy" but that's a band not a song.)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Hero Takes a Fall
Bangles

New Fall.
Berlin.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Stand
REM

the next one is painfully obvious

New Jump.
The Pointer Sisters.

;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Rise (argh...you didn't pick the obvious;-)
P.I.L.

The obvious one to me was "Stand or Fall" by the Fixx :-)

New Star in the East
Traditional Christmas carol.

Connection: Rise up shepherds and follow

Cheers,
Ben
New Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
traditional child's song
New When You Wish Upon A Star
From Pinocchio. Google tells me that it was performed by Louis Armstrong.

Cheers,
Ben
New Shining Star
Earth Wind And Fire
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

New Second Star to the Right (and straight on 'til morning)
Jud Conlon Chorus
(from Peter Pan)
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New I have two versions of that
one by Kate Smith, the other by Cliff Edwards
I'm sure Louis did a great version of it too..
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New Jump
Van Halen (Completely different song)
jb4
New Jump into the Fire.
Harry Nilsson.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Fire
The Crazy World of Arthur Brown
jb4
New Stand or Fall
Fixx

[link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=257336|:-)]

Cheers,
Ben
New United We Stand
Brotherhood of Man
New A Miner's Life
Solas does it, I don't know the source.

The connection is obvious in the refrain:

Union miners, stand together
Do not heed the Coal Board's tale
Keep your hand upon your wages
And your eye upon the scale

Cheers,
Ben
New A bit of trivia
United We Stand, Divided We Fall is the state motto of Kentucky...land of coal mines.
New Tramp Miner
Rankin Family
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New Workin' in a Coal Mine
Devo (but they were not the first, IIRC)
jb4
New Canary in a Coal Mine
The Police
jb4
New Low Down :-)
Boz Scaggs

New Down to the Bone
Cold Blood
jb4
New I Need A Hero
Bonnie Tyler
lincoln

New Hero of the Faith
Newsong
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New Strange Magic
Electric Light Orchestra
lincoln

New It's A Miracle
Barry Manilow
lincoln

New Waiting for a Miracle
Bruce Cockburn
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New Man Of Miracles
Styx
lincoln

New The Miracle
Queen
Have fun,
Carl Forde
     Ahab, the Arab - (imqwerky) - (52)
         Killing an Arab - (bepatient) - (51)
             The Sheik Yerbouti Tango - (imqwerky) - (50)
                 Tango to Evora - (ben_tilly) - (49)
                     Hollywood Waltz - (cforde) - (48)
                         Hooray for Hollywood - (imqwerky) - (47)
                             Santa Monica Boulevard - (ben_tilly) - (46)
                                 Hollywood Nights - (lincoln) - (4)
                                     Theme from Tootsie (An Actor's Life) - (cforde) - (3)
                                         Theme from an Italian Restaurant - (bepatient) - (2)
                                             nothing to see here.. grrr -NT - (cforde)
                                             that's an oops: Scenes From an Italian Restaurant - (cforde)
                                 Re: Santa Monica Boulevard - (jb4) - (40)
                                     Gah -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                     Celluloid Heroes - (imqwerky) - (38)
                                         Soap Star Joe - (ben_tilly) - (37)
                                             Pinball Wizard. - (Another Scott) - (36)
                                                 Do You Believe In Magic - (jb4) - (31)
                                                     I'm a Believer - (bepatient) - (29)
                                                         Theme for Greatest American Hero TV show - (ben_tilly) - (28)
                                                             We don't need another Hero - (jb4) - (27)
                                                                 Disposable Heroes - (bepatient) - (26)
                                                                     Jukebox Hero. - (Another Scott) - (25)
                                                                         Hero Takes a Fall - (bepatient) - (22)
                                                                             Fall. - (Another Scott) - (21)
                                                                                 Stand - (bepatient) - (20)
                                                                                     Jump. - (Another Scott) - (10)
                                                                                         Rise (argh...you didn't pick the obvious;-) - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                                                             Star in the East - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                                                                                                 Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star - (imqwerky) - (4)
                                                                                                     When You Wish Upon A Star - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                                                                                         Shining Star - (lincoln) - (1)
                                                                                                             Second Star to the Right (and straight on 'til morning) - (cforde)
                                                                                                         I have two versions of that - (cforde)
                                                                                         Jump - (jb4) - (2)
                                                                                             Jump into the Fire. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                                                 Fire - (jb4)
                                                                                     Stand or Fall - (ben_tilly) - (8)
                                                                                         United We Stand - (imqwerky) - (5)
                                                                                             A Miner's Life - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                                                                                 A bit of trivia - (imqwerky)
                                                                                                 Tramp Miner - (cforde) - (2)
                                                                                                     Workin' in a Coal Mine - (jb4) - (1)
                                                                                                         Canary in a Coal Mine - (jb4)
                                                                                         Low Down :-) - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                                             Down to the Bone - (jb4)
                                                                         I Need A Hero - (lincoln) - (1)
                                                                             Hero of the Faith - (cforde)
                                                     Strange Magic - (lincoln)
                                                 It's A Miracle - (lincoln) - (3)
                                                     Waiting for a Miracle - (cforde) - (2)
                                                         Man Of Miracles - (lincoln) - (1)
                                                             The Miracle - (cforde)

Very punk.
289 ms