IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Symantec sues Microsoft re trade secrets, etc.
[link|http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2003003687_websymantec18.html|Seattle Times] (via /.):

Symantec filed a lawsuit in Seattle today alleging Microsoft committed a host of business misdeeds, including misappropriating trade secrets and violating a contract that covered code used in part of the coming Windows Vista operating system.

The suit, filed in U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington, relates to a contract between Microsoft and Veritas, which merged into Symantec last year, dating to 1996.

Symantec alleges that "Microsoft has deliberately and surreptitiously misappropriated Symantec's valuable data-storage technologies, misled and thereby convinced the United States government to issue patents to Microsoft based on technologies invented by Symantec, attempted unsuccessfully to persuade Symantec to forgive Microsoft' s misdeeds under the guise of expanding a business relationship, and ultimately built portions of its next generation operating system on this house of cards."

Speculation abounds on what this means for Vista.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Both sides are doing the same math.
How much $ will Microsoft lose from lawsuits by "Customer Assurance" contractees versus how much Symantec will settle for.
When somebody asks you to trade your freedoms for security, it isn't your security they're talking about.
     Symantec sues Microsoft re trade secrets, etc. - (Another Scott) - (1)
         Both sides are doing the same math. - (inthane-chan)

So I pulled into a Shell station. They said I'd blown a seal. I said, "Fix the damn thing and leave my private life out of it, OK, pal??"
100 ms