IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The overlap thing happens a lot in IE too;mostly on blogs...
...but also on many magazine-type sites (like Wired and CNet, IIRC). Could well be that it's that "crappy CSS support" cited earlier -- but then I think it happens in Firefox too, on some of those sites.

The alternative is that sometimes, you get the left-margin thingies on the left, the right-margin thingies on the right; and the center column, that wouldn't fit in the middle, only begins below where the left and right columns both end.

Dunno whether it's table columns or column "div" elements that are specified in percentages that don't add up to 100; probably some of both. Sucks, either way.

Maybe browsers should stop assuming that Web "designers" know how to add up to a round hundred, and start using whatever the sum of these morons' "percents" add up to as the total.

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Yes Mr. Garrison, genetic engineering lets us correct God's horrible, horrible mistakes, like German people. - [link|http://maxpages.com/southpark2k/Episode_105|Mr. Hat]
New I know that one.
It's a bug/quirk in handling content that doesn't fit in a box that isn't allowed to have scroll bars. The standards don't give much if any help, so browser makers do subtly different things. IIRC, Opera 6 had some distinctive behaviour in this regard.

Wade.
"Insert crowbar. Apply force."
     Slashdot redesign - (cforde) - (20)
         Very veeeery weird. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             sounds like the CSS support is suspect - (cforde)
         IE behaves strangely. (I know, that's usual for IE... :) - (Meerkat) - (1)
             Renders just fine in FF 1.5.0.3 (Windoze) -NT - (Meerkat)
         Vertical positioning of green title bars is off. - (CRConrad) - (9)
             the problem isn't the font size... - (cforde) - (8)
                 No, the problem is using that stupid CSS crap. - (CRConrad) - (7)
                     Oh, don't be silly. - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                         don't look now, but your age is showing - (cforde) - (3)
                             I'm just sit'n back ta watch the cool kids hang themselves. -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                 behold the lowly tortoise... - (cforde) - (1)
                                     Behold the lowly tortoise... - (Andrew Grygus)
                     It's all in the name - (ChrisR) - (1)
                         yeah, that's what I'll do... - (cforde)
         Neat! - (Another Scott)
         3 bits of weirdness - (JayMehaffey) - (3)
             re: your opportunities for service enhancement: - (cforde)
             The overlap thing happens a lot in IE too;mostly on blogs... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                 I know that one. - (static)
         Nice. - (pwhysall)

Carpe per diem.
47 ms