IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Just don't think TOO smooth.
My biggest problem when learning to drive a stick was giving it enough gas when starting out. I was forever stalling the damn thing until someone clued me in.

Of course, I had to teach myself how to drive one out of necessity. That was a fun week.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Ar
And if you're driving a diesel, remember it needs a bit more loud pedal at low revs than a petrol does.

Peter
[link|http://www.no2id.net/|Don't Let The Terrorists Win]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
New Eh?
My 1.9 liter 5-speed manual Jetta TDI (turbo diesel) will accelerate from a stop at idle without stalling (when lightly loaded). It needs just a tiny bit of throttle action if there are 4 people in the car. It took me longer than it should have to realize it accelerates much smoother if I don't give too much of the loud pedal.

Most diesels have most of their torque at much lower RPMs than gas engines. What's your counter example? Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Air brakes are fun too, for the unprepared :-)
The first time my sister drove one, her husband said, "Don't forget, when trying to stop, feather the brake." But he didn't say why.

She wanted to stop. She put her foot on the brake. She wondered why she wasn't stopping...

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
     Ben started driving today - (broomberg) - (48)
         Gee, I didn't know my driving affected you that much :-P - (ben_tilly)
         My dad had trouble teaching my sister - (SpiceWare) - (7)
             My daughters think they can learn my thinking about it. - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                 Ben spent 3 hours driving yesterday - (broomberg)
             1st? - (broomberg) - (4)
                 not so silly - (SpiceWare)
                 Either way works - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                     That is a very smart idea - (imqwerky) - (1)
                         Where I got it from... - (ben_tilly)
         BTDT with Child #1, Child #2 starts driver's ed in June - (imqwerky) - (1)
             Not a good idea, querk! - (jb4)
         If you don't participate, you'll miss some stories to tell. - (a6l6e6x) - (35)
             I'll be learning to drive a manual / stick / standard soon. - (Meerkat) - (34)
                 Couple thing to remember - (broomberg) - (32)
                     You forgot the #1 rule: If you can't find it, grind it! :-D -NT - (imqwerky) - (4)
                         You can't really say you drive stick . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                             Oh, I dunno about that - (drewk)
                             Did that years ago. - (folkert) - (1)
                                 You must have had synchro on 1st. - (Andrew Grygus)
                     Re: Couple thing to remember - (pwhysall) - (26)
                         It'll all be flat (and quiet!) roads to start with. - (Meerkat) - (3)
                             What's wrong with your BlueBird? -NT - (static) - (2)
                                 Still works, but it's old. Bit bored after 5 years of it. -NT - (Meerkat) - (1)
                                     Ah. - (static)
                         handbrake my arse - (boxley) - (17)
                             Ar. - (admin) - (11)
                                 5 feet slippage? - (pwhysall) - (10)
                                     Never used one. - (admin) - (8)
                                         You can't control the space behind you. - (pwhysall) - (7)
                                             No, but I can make my needs known. - (admin) - (6)
                                                 Footbrake in queue = antisocial - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                                     You have the oddest ideas sometimes... - (admin) - (1)
                                                         I don't rely on lights to work out whether a car is stopped. - (pwhysall)
                                                     Also, footbrake casuing lights to go on == - (folkert)
                                                     you dont have those brake lites on sunshine - (boxley) - (1)
                                                         You make no sense -NT - (pwhysall)
                                     Wot's a handbrake? - (jbrabeck)
                             Complete crap. - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                 makes up for the highbeams theyre shining into my dash -NT - (boxley)
                                 Must admit I've never noticed this problem. - (Meerkat) - (2)
                                     Do you ever get fog in Sydney? - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                         A few nights a year, if you're (un)lucky. -NT - (Meerkat)
                         Just don't think TOO smooth. - (admin) - (3)
                             Ar - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                 Eh? - (Another Scott)
                                 Air brakes are fun too, for the unprepared :-) - (ben_tilly)
                 advice deja vue - (boxley)
         Can totally relate... - (slugbug)

Option #2, encourage death sports amongst the vegetarian crowd.
87 ms