IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Query...
The united States is a democratic republic. It has popular sovereignty. Well, maybe you don't care for it personally, but it's popular enough. Lots of people here like democracy. Iran does not have popular sovereignty... yet [*]. The people of Iran are not seeking nuclear weapons for defend themselves.

First query - how do you know that Iran is not a popular sovereignty?

Because of popularity polls? (Bush is doing wonderfully there, btw).
Because of elections? (What does that say about England....that they're not a popular sovereignty? Would you mind saying that to an average Brit for me?)

You make a statement - that Iran does not have popular sovereignty...but you have provided no evidence to back it up. Whereas I submit to you that any government - ANY government, draws it's power from the people governed.
New Don't bother him/it with facts...
The Program is not set to accept facts from outside.
jb4
"So don't pay attention to the approval ratings that say 68% of Americans disapprove of the job this man is doing. I ask you this, does that not also logically mean that 68% approve of the job he's not doing? Think about it. I haven't."
Stephen Colbert, at the White House Correspondent's Dinner 29Apr06
New Try a little basic research.
[link|http://www.iran.org/|No, Virigina, there is no popular sovereignty in Iran]

The facts don't confuse *me* in the least.
----------------------------------------------------------------
4 out of 5 Iraqis choose democracy!
If you don't like my posts, don't click on them.
Never mind the AP. Here's the real Iraq reporting: [link|http://michaelyon.blogspot.com/|http://michaelyon.blogspot.com/]
"The period of debate is closed. Arms, as the last resort, decide the contest." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense
New So he references a Maryland based propeganda site . . .
. . the [link|http://www.iran.org/about/|About] page for which is a 404. Maryland is right next to Washington DC and half a world away from Iran.

Maybe your constiuency in Wyoming would believe that sort of site, but I live in Los Angeles and we've got Iranians up the kazoo here. In large chunks of the San Fernando Valley all the signs are in Farsi.

These Iranians are not poor and they're financing political lobying and propeganda mills like this Maryland site. Why? Because these are the folks that were on top under the Shah. They want to get back on top and they want the U.S. to do the dirty work for them.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
Expand Edited by Andrew Grygus May 8, 2006, 08:20:52 PM EDT
Expand Edited by Andrew Grygus May 8, 2006, 09:14:44 PM EDT
New Aww...come on...that site is FUN
You have to dig a little...but it's quite enjoyable.

I love the Books & Articles by Kenneth Timmerman
-- World News Daily -- Nov. 6th 2000, "Experts: Clinton, Gore caused oil to skyrocket" (damn, they ought to see where it is now!)

New Still lost...
I didn't claim they were a democracy. In fact, I alluded that you might want to rethink that only democracies are "popular soveignities" with my England quote.

Can we define popular soveignities? What makes a popular soveignity?

Does an approval rating of 35% make a popular soveignity? Are only soveignites that are elected "popular"? What if they elect a non-popular government?

(And popular to whom?)
New Careful. You'll make his head spin.
Too much unapproved info for a proud member of the 101st fighting keyboardists.
-----------------------------------------
Impeach Bush. Impeach Cheney. Do it now.
New ICLRPD (new thread)
Created as new thread #254860 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=254860|ICLRPD]
New what does that site have to with popular sovereignty?
Its just a group of folks deviding up the spoils in advance. No more "factual" than the raza groups deviding up the southwest of the USA on paper. Oh wait, you are learning Spanish arnt you?
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
     Regimes, legitimacy, and humanism - (marlowe) - (11)
         so how do you cast Cheney's remarks about Russia with - (boxley)
         Humanism, humanism, humanism . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         Query... - (Simon_Jester) - (8)
             Don't bother him/it with facts... - (jb4)
             Try a little basic research. - (marlowe) - (6)
                 So he references a Maryland based propeganda site . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                     Aww...come on...that site is FUN - (Simon_Jester)
                 Still lost... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                     Careful. You'll make his head spin. - (Silverlock) - (1)
                         ICLRPD (new thread) - (imqwerky)
                 what does that site have to with popular sovereignty? - (boxley)

Better than a kick to the head with a frozen mukluk.
54 ms