IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What kind of creepy, fascist state are we living in?
When the media consensus is that getting life in prison
instead of the death penalty is getting away with something

First class?

The finest in North America?

A
Play I Some Music w/ Papa Andy
Saturday 8 PM - 11 PM ET
All Night Rewind 11 PM - 5 PM
Reggae, African and Caribbean Music
[link|http://wxxe.org|Tune In]
New Shrud sounded disappointed
Heard on radio "He was sentenced to life in prison, which means he'll spend the rest of his life in prison." Just has the Shrubbish pauses and disappointment...
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
New We excel at everything...for a while
Usually in the first stages of anything new, the US excels. Right now, we're trying out fascism as a form of gubmint. We're getting good at it. But sooner or later somebody (the Japanese?) will surpass us, we will lose interest, and go onto the next thing...who knows, maybe Progressivism, or Centrism....

[Edit: That said, I personally am happy we didn't execute him, for the reasons BeeP and others here have stated; basically, the spectacle of his execution is exciting, while the "spectacle" of his lifelong incarceration is, well, appropriately BOOORRR-ring! Don't get upset if the Fundie Right-wing Whackjob Demagogues don't get it. That's normal -- they don't get much of anything, except undue attention. Just understand that all they have going for them is a big mouth, good publicists, and a small minority of the populace as adherents.]
jb4
"So don't pay attention to the approval ratings that say 68% of Americans disapprove of the job this man is doing. I ask you this, does that not also logically mean that 68% approve of the job he's not doing? Think about it. I haven't."
Stephen Colbert, at the White House Correspondent's Dinner 29Apr06
Expand Edited by jb4 May 4, 2006, 10:18:38 AM EDT
Expand Edited by jb4 May 4, 2006, 01:34:57 PM EDT
New Don't know about the media
I'm damned happy to throw this man in gen pop for the rest of his days. Let him end up as girlfriend to the folks inside.

Killing him was too easy on him.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Same thing happened to chuck
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New That really has nothing to do with facism
The media consensus on Moussaoui has nothing to do with facism and everything to do with the media.

The media was very disappointed that they won't be able to make a spectacle out of his execution. With a death sentence though could cover the inevitable appeals to their failure, plus a good week or so when he actually comes up for execution.

Life in Prison just doesn't have the same kind of media draw. Particularly since the prisons have gotten smart about not letting the guys in long term meet with the press.

Jay
New Re: That really has nothing to do with facism
all enemies of the fatherland must be killed

sounds vaguely fascist to me

A
Play I Some Music w/ Papa Andy
Saturday 8 PM - 11 PM ET
All Night Rewind 11 PM - 5 PM
Reggae, African and Caribbean Music
[link|http://wxxe.org|Tune In]
     What kind of creepy, fascist state are we living in? - (andread) - (6)
         Shrud sounded disappointed - (jbrabeck)
         We excel at everything...for a while - (jb4)
         Don't know about the media - (bepatient)
         Same thing happened to chuck -NT - (boxley)
         That really has nothing to do with facism - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
             Re: That really has nothing to do with facism - (andread)

What a 'tard.
53 ms