IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New An interesting question is raised by this
Tim Vroom of [link|http://www.perlmonks.org/|PerlMonks] told me that he initially seeded his site with some random questions and answers to get things going. Once it was going he didn't need to continue, but he does not think that he would have founded the site without that initial boost.

Personally I don't think that was a bad thing, but when does that cross the line?

Cheers,
Ben
New My opinion.
I know you're just dieing to hear what my opinion is. :)

Anyway, the line is crossed when you go from disseminating INFORMATION in that manner to spreading OPINIONS or LIES.

So, posting questions under various aliases and then answering them as yourself (or others) is fine. Provided that you are providing factual information.

BUT! When you are posting under aliases and are only posting your opinion (to make it seem that your opinion is widely shared??) or incorrect "information" (to counter correct information??) then you're on the wrong side.

I could also throw in "trolling" there. Posting inflammatory crap just to generate page hits for your site?
New well we do some of that
our initial faq page about a new product is populated by the product team. But offering opinions is not ok if you dont admit you are a shill.
thanx,
bill
can I have my ones and zeros back?

Void where prohibited.
36 ms