IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Mind if I point something out (don't care if I do)?
If it be destiny that this place goes away because we can no longer be afforded the graciousness of our hosts and designers...this is understandable but causes me great sadness.

Please read the above and its wording CAREFULLY. We ALL understand the effort that you, Greg, put into this site so that we all can meet, banter, swap song titles, whatever. I would be crushed to think that I had a part in the dissolving of friendships that transcend this place because of an expectation of more charity on your part or Scott's.

We ALL understand that life can interfere and that personal issues can fuck up all of even the best made plans.

While i have nowhere near the knowledge of you in the management of the space so I will make no judgement about the robots and referral impacts versus the rewrite. I simply am not qualified.

But take this as comfort...I don't hold you responsible if a page takes a couple of seconds to load. It doesn't make me think less of you or anyone else involved (though primarily you) in the hosting of this place.

If it takes six months to scale this place under a rewrite...ok fine. If Scott can't get there for another 2 years...fine. If there are things happening with this site that are costing you financially...TELL US...I know I speak for EVERYONE when I say this. I know you have paypal and this is one place in the ether that I would consider gladly as a subscription to help offset these things for you.

Please...we're all in this together.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Amen, bro!
Alex

When fascism comes to America, it'll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. -- Sinclair Lewis
New I, too, will be very sad if this place goes away
and I agree with BeeP that I would gladly throw money in the pot on a regular basis.

I'm getting verklempt here.
I love you guys and gals.

Stop looking at my signature!
Expand Edited by imqwerky April 25, 2006, 10:03:30 PM EDT
New And, please let me reiterate:
If it takes six months to scale this place under a rewrite...ok fine. If Scott can't get there for another 2 years...fine. If there are things happening with this site that are costing you financially...TELL US...I know I speak for EVERYONE when I say this. I know you have paypal and this is one place in the ether that I would consider gladly as a subscription to help offset these things for you.

While my finances have been more that a mess recently, if it takes a subscritpion to keep this place running, I'm IN!

(And BeeP, this agreeing with you time and time again is getting...tiresome! ;-) )
jb4
"Every Republican who wants to defend Bush on [the expansion of Presidential powers], should be forced to say, 'I wouldn't hesitate to see President Hillary Rodham Clinton have the same authority'."
an unidentified letter writer to Newsweek on the expansion of executive powers under the Bush administration
New Hey, I'm certainly happy this place is here.
I'm not really in a position to do a subscription, tho I could see doing the odd donation. Hopefully that'll change after I earn my degree. As for dealing with things like slow load times, I pretty much get to complain about as much as I'm paying, which is none, and AFAIC this is one of the best places on the net.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New So let me ask this:
Are the slow load times reall all that much of a problem? Yes, I know I probabaly contributed to them during the Evul Period in the Test Forum...(my bad...I didn't know....!), but hell, I wait longer for Microsoft software to load, or for a whole host of other things to occur than for pages to load here.

With the exception of posts from marlowe, it is worth the wait. I can certainly stand it....
jb4
"Every Republican who wants to defend Bush on [the expansion of Presidential powers], should be forced to say, 'I wouldn't hesitate to see President Hillary Rodham Clinton have the same authority'."
an unidentified letter writer to Newsweek on the expansion of executive powers under the Bush administration
New Me too and ditto also
I don't have paypal but it would be my pleasure to add this place to my check writing regimen once a month.
-----------------------------------------
Impeach Bush. Impeach Cheney. Do it now.
     Due to circumstance beyond my control. - (folkert) - (26)
         I take it someone has been a baaaad boy. -NT - (bepatient) - (20)
             Nope. - (folkert) - (19)
                 You're adjusting it the wrong way. - (admin) - (18)
                     Okay. Let us be civil then. - (folkert) - (17)
                         Mind if I point something out (don't care if I do)? - (bepatient) - (6)
                             Amen, bro! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                             I, too, will be very sad if this place goes away - (imqwerky)
                             And, please let me reiterate: - (jb4)
                             Hey, I'm certainly happy this place is here. - (jake123) - (1)
                                 So let me ask this: - (jb4)
                             Me too and ditto also - (Silverlock)
                         Re: Okay. Let us be civil then. - (admin) - (9)
                             From Administrivia: See #250367. (new thread) - (Another Scott)
                             My judgement is faulty... - (ChrisR) - (2)
                                 :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                 I find it hilarious -NT - (tuberculosis)
                             admin and Yendor, I apologize. (SHOULD BEEN NEW THREAD HERE) - (folkert) - (4)
                                 Glad to see you're back ... from wherever it is you were -NT - (drewk) - (1)
                                     Stepped out of my mind, for a while. - (folkert)
                                 Just glad you're feeling better. - (admin) - (1)
                                     /me too! -NT - (jb4)
         Oh, for cryin' out loud.... - (n3jja) - (4)
             I was gone for more than a couple of days... - (Nightowl) - (3)
                 Re: is there any way? - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                     even faster - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                         Thanks! - (Nightowl)

This sort of marketing only works with clothes, oddly enough.
83 ms