Semantics (the branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning) game. Although I understand how much you like to tweek Peter, your formal logic kind of went astray about, "If you can't see the difference between vigilanteism-for-cause and "for a laugh", then you are stupider than the brick you propose to use." I'm just a little concerned that your "cause" is akin to some other people with causes - like Charles Manson or Jim Ed Jones or Adolf (Godwin anyone?).

As was pointed out, most of these folks bought their vehicles with alarms and not as options. They may or may not be able to disable them... This is not akin to blasting a stereo in an upstairs apartment or pointing a leaf blower in someone's face. And you know it... Come on, fess up, you're just trying to beat on Pete (couldn't resist). FWIW, on the "across the pond" reference, the only culture that I have ever seen that is more materialistic than Americans can be found right smack dab in the middle of Europe, a country that contributed many, many people to the American culture ([link|http://www.germany.info/relaunch/culture/ger_americans/ger_americans.html|You may wish to look here]).

Now quit playing dumb and fess up.