IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I found this easier than Knoppmyth.
A bit more manual, but easier because I know where all the moving parts are now. Knoppmyth is too hard to troubleshoot when something goes wrong.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Been doing some reading...
It looks like it's a highly interactive process - much more typing than with KnoppMyth. That's good and bad. Good because you understand it better and can fix things if they go wrong. Bad because if you've got hardware that's not exactly what they're using, you have to try to figure things out on your own.

It scares me a bit too much to try right now, and there's still the Gnome issue with Ubuntu, and upgrading MythTV seems to be problematic.... I note though that someone says (in the [link|http://www.abarbaccia.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,39/expv,0/topic,54.0|forum]) the same procedure works pretty well with Kubuntu.

Here's a pretty detailed step-by-step rundown on how to install MythTV on Ubuntu (including HDTV). It was last updated in January. What I really like about it is that it even tells you how to do the wiring. :-) But the wiring diagram is missing. :-(

[link|http://patrick.wagstrom.net/tutorials/mythTV64/mythTV64.xml|MythTV, Ubuntu, Athlon64, WinTVPVR, Comcast Digital Cable, and a pcHDTV HD-3000 in a pear tree!].

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who may try to install the latest KnoppMyth this weekend.)
New What Gnome issue with Ubuntu?
I'll take a look at the link; thanks.

The problem I had with Knoppmyth was that I still had to go do a bunch of typing, and because it had done a bunch of other things I wasn't clear on where everything stood.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New The Gnome issue with Gnome. ;-)
Gnome's pretty but I don't like it as much as KDE. I haven't used Gnome much, but I seem to understand KDE better.

It probably doesn't much matter for a MythTV box, but since I'm still a noob, it probably makes more sense to have the same desktop on all my Linux boxes.

Sorry for the scare. :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
     MythTV on Ubuntu - (admin) - (6)
         Thanks for the pointer. - (Another Scott) - (4)
             I found this easier than Knoppmyth. - (admin) - (3)
                 Been doing some reading... - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     What Gnome issue with Ubuntu? - (admin) - (1)
                         The Gnome issue with Gnome. ;-) - (Another Scott)
         Now, to get my HD-TV card working! -NT - (folkert)

No LRPD for you, one year!
93 ms