Man, this was a wild night. John and I were sitting here listening to the Penguins Game vs the Toronto Maple Leafs at Mellon Arena.... when the sound went away and it wasn't the Sirius unit's fault for a change.

THE POWER WENT OUT AT MELLON ARENA! It went out in the 2nd period, right in the middle of a 5 minute major power play for the Leafs, and man, they were so lucky no one crashed or got hurt! Unbelievable!

Then the emergency lights came on, but not the main ones, and the main ones finally came on, and they resumed play shortly after, only to have the LIGHTS GO OUT AGAIN! This is WILD!

The announcers, on my favorite Penguin Radio Network, had a ball talking, and the fans started chanting NEW ARENA, NEW ARENA!

The game finally came back on, and I can't wait to find news on it all tomorrow. Thank goodness there wasn't a fire, there were about 15,741 fans in the place!

If there was any doubt this is the oldest arena in the NHL, I think it's been cleared up tonight!

Meanwhile they resumed, tied at 0-0 just like when the lights went out, so the Leafs gained nothing on the 5 minute interrupted power play, except a lot of frustration. The Leafs just scored a few minutes ago, so now it's 1-0.

Fleury is just magnificent lately, he's truly amazing!

Brenda