IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Mandriva, SuSE
Although I lied and said I have a 64-bit system...I don't right now, but I'm upgrading my box in the next coupla months (when the IRS refund arrives)...

Always thought I'd like SuSE (until it ended up with Novell, who completely hosed my sentimental favorite, WordPerfect, before they realized they didn't have the chops to maintain it).

(K)ubuntu were right up there; they said it failed due to the lack of a graphical installer. (Now before all you Linux fundies jump down my throat, I must tell you that I am the second worst typist in the world, and typing long lines of unintelligible gibberish in response to a command prompt is not my idea of a good time, nor is it likely to result in an error free install. YMMV.)
jb4
"Every Repbulican who wants to defend Bush on [the expansion of Presidential powers], should be forced to say, 'I wouldn't hesitate to see President Hillary Rodham Clinton have the same authority'."
&mdash an unidentified letter writer to Newsweek on the expansion of executive powers under the Bush administration
Expand Edited by jb4 March 17, 2006, 01:54:11 PM EST
New Never once
have I had to type 'long lines of unintelligible gibberish in response to a command prompt' during a linux install, graphical or not.
--
Steve
[link|http://www.ubuntulinux.org|Ubuntu]
New I congratulate you on your luck and/or prowess
Now, come and try to make some sense of these dot files for me, please....
jb4
"Every Repbulican who wants to defend Bush on [the expansion of Presidential powers], should be forced to say, 'I wouldn't hesitate to see President Hillary Rodham Clinton have the same authority'."
&mdash an unidentified letter writer to Newsweek on the expansion of executive powers under the Bush administration
New Good work jb -
I shall add that fine explanation to my reasons for preferring an, at least polite.. nanny for offering me a few sane choices - instead of [n! x typos.]

Linux Distribution Chooser - (Steve Lowe) - (17)
         Took the test - (tjsinclair) - (1)
             Got what I use. - (bepatient)
         Figured me out - (ben_tilly)
         Debian and Ubuntu - (admin) - (2)
             I refused to answer package manager - (broomberg) - (1)
                 Mandriva - (pwhysall)
         It picked 4 non-rpm and 3 rpm version. - (folkert)
         Kubuntu, Mandriva, Ubuntu, SuSE -NT - (n3jja)
         SuSE, Kubuntu, Mandriva, Ubuntu - (Another Scott)
         It chose SuSe, Debian or Fedora for me. - (static)
         Mandriva, SuSE - (jb4) - (3)
             Never once - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
                 I congratulate you on your luck and/or prowess - (jb4)
             Good work jb - - (Ashton)
         Mandriva, Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Linspire - (Ashton) - (2)
             About your bookmarks. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Re: About your bookmarks. - (Ashton)

A vampire walrus would look just like a regular walrus.
52 ms