IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Arts and the Mac
An excellent source for art (photo, illustration & animation) is [link|http://www.istockphoto.com/index.php|iStockphoto]. Prices begin at a buck per image (lo-res, suitable for the sort of use you have in mind), to three and five dollars for medium and high, respectively. Most of the "Diebold Variations" were built around iStock pictures. As to "low end easy art tools," if I didn't already own Photoshop I would make haste to acquire "Photoshop Elements" for about a c-note—by all accounts it's an excellent value (unlike the execrable "Photoshop LE" of the 1990s), and it would certainly suffice for anything you might essay in the web graphic line.

cordially,
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
New Photoshop Elements 3 is excellent
I have the Mac version (about forty of my English pounds) and it's just the daddy for low-end image work.

Peter
[link|http://www.no2id.net/|Don't Let The Terrorists Win]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
New Two good tips - I'll give it a look

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 06:35:51 AM EDT
     Website launched, comments appreciated. - (tuberculosis) - (46)
         Impossible to read. - (admin) - (3)
             Not for me - (broomberg) - (2)
                 OK, maybe not impossible, but very difficult. -NT - (admin)
                 Me, neither... - (jb4)
         It looks very 1997. -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
             Thanks! -NT - (tuberculosis)
         Some comments. - (Another Scott) - (4)
             Id looked pretty black to me -NT - (drewk) - (2)
                 (It wasn't 000000 black. It was a bitmap of some sort...) -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     Close enough -NT - (drewk)
             I can't say I like any of the ones you pointed me to - (tuberculosis)
         Personally, I feel like I am in the wayback machine. - (folkert) - (34)
             Neat. Dave seems to know what he's doing. -NT - (Another Scott)
             OMFG, that Mozart one is... - (Yendor) - (3)
                 Diary is pretty cool, too -NT - (drewk)
                 Black - its all black -NT - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                     None more black -NT - (bepatient)
             Subway Station is a nightmare - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                 Looks fine at 1400x1050. Can see it would be problematic... -NT - (Another Scott)
             Going OT perhaps, but most of those are terrible - (scoenye) - (26)
                 I have begun soliciting quotes - (tuberculosis) - (25)
                     Re: I have begun soliciting quotes - (admin) - (8)
                         So where did you get the art? - (tuberculosis) - (7)
                             Fails W3 validation, though - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                 Like I said, it needs some work. -NT - (admin) - (1)
                                     Fairy nuff. -NT - (pwhysall)
                             Re: So where did you get the art? - (admin)
                             Arts and the Mac - (rcareaga) - (2)
                                 Photoshop Elements 3 is excellent - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                     Two good tips - I'll give it a look -NT - (tuberculosis)
                     Ping ubernostrum - (pwhysall)
                     This might be the answer - (tuberculosis) - (14)
                         terms of service are a beatch, I wouldnt use it -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                             There are many more like that around -NT - (tuberculosis)
                         Yes, because... - (admin) - (10)
                             Its kind of .... unfinished. -NT - (tuberculosis) - (9)
                                 Er, yeah... that was the point. - (admin) - (1)
                                     It is a step up - thanks. -NT - (tuberculosis)
                                 So finish it, you ingrate. - (pwhysall) - (6)
                                     'cause I have no faith in my ability to take it there? - (tuberculosis) - (5)
                                         I'm sure you know we love critiquing things. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                             Yeah, but this is beginning to resemble the flame forum - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                                                 Understood. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                 There's a reason for that. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                     Cheers! Thanks muchly! - (folkert)
                         This one is fully operational - (scoenye)

At least.. the Lx stuff written *here* is nicely done in English.
67 ms