IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You're doing what?
Sounds to me like a good use for a web bot. Use LWP or LWP::Mechanize (depending on how much of that you want to write yourself) to get the pages, HTML::TokeParser::Simple or HTML::TableExtract (depending how flexible you need to be) to get the utilization numbers from the tables, and Spreadsheet::WriteExcel or Win32::OLE (depending whether you can write new or need to update existing) for the spreadsheets.

Good luck,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New As you might expect
I have a perfectly awesome HTML parser as a result of building the Scrutinizer. However, I can't figure out the security cookie format to allow it to actually fetch the pages I scrape. So I end up bootstrapping off of saved text files.

Its still monkey work and I'd be OK with being dead just now what with how swimmingly all facets of my life are going.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 06:33:41 AM EDT
New Chin up. Spring's coming. :-)
     Hosed Again - (tuberculosis) - (19)
         CR@P. -NT - (imric)
         :-( Any way to keep back channels there open? - (Another Scott)
         fingies x'ed -NT - (boxley)
         That sucks. - (inthane-chan)
         Sorry to hear it, Todd! - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             d'ya think? -NT - (tuberculosis)
         You're doing what? - (ben_tilly) - (2)
             As you might expect - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                 Chin up. Spring's coming. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         ugh. only a temporary set back I hope -NT - (cforde)
         That blows, Todd. - (jb4)
         Ouch. Feel the sympathy oozing off this post. - (CRConrad) - (3)
             Beer isn't the answer. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 Beer is always the answer to help one forget the question. -NT - (ChrisR) - (1)
                     Because the answer is always 42! -NT - (imqwerky)
         Sorry to hear that - (Arkadiy) - (1)
             One carefully placed psycho - (tuberculosis)
         So sorry to hear it :( - (Nightowl)
         Sounds like your boss took it personally :( -NT - (Meerkat)

Best thing since sliced SPAM!
73 ms