IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Pop-on-top-of ... A new type of web ad?
New to me, at any rate. It wasn't a pop-under, but more a pop-over. Or a 'I'll obscure what you're trying to read so you have no choice but to stare at this ad until you find the button to dismiss it' ad. But IOWYTTRSYHNCBTSATAUYFTBTDI isn't exactly an acronym that rolls off the tongue :)

Anyway, it was Flash (shock!) and plonked itself in the middle of the web page, right over the top of content I was trying to view. Is this approach new? Hadn't seen it before.

The page was [link|http://telstra.com/mobilenet|here, at Telstra] and the ad was a Telstra ad - telling me how much better off I'd be if I opted-in to some email thingy. Of course they didn't actually have what I was looking for - info on the 'we'll slug you $150 if you dare to change to another phone company' policy.

Yep, I know Flash can be a truly hateful thing. Yep, I know about Junkbuster. But this happened at work - where at least I can get Mozilla to filter out most of the ads.
On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
New Run Opera.....you can block pop ups
New Moz 0.9.7 can do it too
But not for Flash adverts. However, telstra have set a cookie which means, having dismissed the ad a few times, I no longer see it. Interesting. Well almost, anyway :)
On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
     Pop-on-top-of ... A new type of web ad? - (Meerkat) - (2)
         Run Opera.....you can block pop ups -NT - (slugbug) - (1)
             Moz 0.9.7 can do it too - (Meerkat)

When?
65 ms