IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Wrong forum. Sorry!
When somebody asks you to trade your freedoms for security, it isn't your security they're talking about.
Collapse Edited by inthane-chan March 13, 2006, 12:25:52 PM EST
Printer issue debugging?
I won't get a chance to look at this until tonight when I get home, but I ran into an issue today - when I tried to print out a document (tiff) it printed "wide" - pixels were spaced out, and it ran off the page to the right. Height was just fine. I'm running Ubuntu 5.10, using Automatix, with a Brother HL-5140 printer via USB. Tried opening the document in the Gimp, and when it printed, I started getting multiple pages of Postscript spew. Turned off the printer, cleared the print queue, turned it back on, tried printing, nothing came through.

I had to restart the computer for other reasons (kernel package upgrade) so I went ahead and restarted. At this point, the print queue shows as empty, but anything sent to the printer might as well be sent to /dev/null. Any suggestions on what to check? I'd like to learn something about how printing works, so deleting and readding the printer isn't the ideal solution.

Thanks,
Me
When somebody asks you to trade your freedoms for security, it isn't your security they're talking about.
     Wrong forum. Sorry! -NT - (inthane-chan)

Escape from the prison planet!
28 ms