IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New CentOS, MySQL RPM package installed - no mysqld?
How can this be?

I seem to have a bunch of pieces of mysql installed by default, but can't find any mysqld file anywhere on the disk.

What madness is this?

Invoking mysql shell tells me no socket is open with which to connect, which seems to imply mysqld should be started, but find / -name mysqld yields nothing.

I have no experience with this lame db product, but wordpress requires it so off I go into crap db hell.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 06:28:49 AM EDT
New Nevermind - client only installed - added server

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 06:29:03 AM EDT
     CentOS, MySQL RPM package installed - no mysqld? - (tuberculosis) - (1)
         Nevermind - client only installed - added server -NT - (tuberculosis)

Memorably described by colleagues as someone who would "unplug you from life support so she could charge her phone."
63 ms