not to strongly suppose that Enron is simply the larger Visible event. The conflicts of interest, insider trading enforcement (despite the putative punishments - as usually befall only an inept small timer: for effect) - all mirror the War on Drugs and our countless other wars. They are all spin. Just like "AMA self-discipline of inept MDs". Hah!

(And I once witnessed first-hand - just how the insider network functions)

What do you imagine are the odds of a radical ie root overhaul of Corporate Law - the parent of mere investment regulations? 1:100 or .. worse?

Trustworthiness began bleeding from Murican bizness IMO proportionally to the growth in wannabe Billys: as many rushed to employ the same means, while making their work force a commodity: the temp. By all previous standards - today one need not be a zealot to observe that, Murican Bizness has become as unAmerican as any actual 'Commyunist' ever was!

Vulture Capitalism may kill us by the death of a thousand 'cuts'. (My only market involvement now is.. where I have no choice. It's a lottery best played by mostly, the 3% Insiders)

Will have to check in on Motley periodically, see their followups.. nice take.

Ashton