IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Shorter read....
...would be this [link|http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Introduction|Haskell Intro], which is just the highlights.
New Already did that
So I was wondering it the other was worth the detail.
I downloaded [link|ftp://ftp.geoinfo.tuwien.ac.at/navratil/HaskellTutorial.pdf|ftp://ftp.geoinfo.tu...skellTutorial.pdf] and started going through it. Seems interesting.
New I didn't find the gentle intro useful when I read it...
...4 years ago. It assumes you have a lot of knowledge, especially with functional languages.
     Erlang? - (tuberculosis) - (22)
         Threads, Messages, and Pattern Matching.... - (ChrisR) - (21)
             Right so to me this sounds like the ultimate SOA language - (tuberculosis) - (20)
                 I dunno - (jake123) - (18)
                     Quick CS101 pointer? Diff between fucntional and imperative? -NT - (drewk) - (17)
                         Re: Quick CS101 pointer? Diff between fucntional and imperat - (admin) - (16)
                             Okay, remember hearing that before, and I understand ... - (drewk) - (6)
                                 Re: Okay, remember hearing that before, and I understand ... - (admin) - (5)
                                     So you can't have a (pseudo) random number generator? -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                         Those don't have side-effects - (admin) - (3)
                                             I was too tearse. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                 For pure functional programming, no - (admin)
                                                 You can if you thread the state through the functions... - (ChrisR)
                             Is this worth going through? - (broomberg) - (3)
                                 Shorter read.... - (ChrisR) - (2)
                                     Already did that - (broomberg) - (1)
                                         I didn't find the gentle intro useful when I read it... - (ChrisR)
                             The three pillars - (ChrisR) - (4)
                                 You just lost me - (drewk) - (3)
                                     Google the terms - (ben_tilly)
                                     Quick explanation - (ChrisR) - (1)
                                         One other important concept worth mentioning is Currying - (ChrisR)
                 Erlang does look very intriguing, will hopefully influence - (tonytib)

¡Despierte, Estupido-idiota!
52 ms