IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 2 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Microsoft's next buzzword prevealed:
In [link|http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/23715.html|MS' highest priority must be security - Billg] (The Rogister), Thomas Greene quotes a memo from His Billness. Greene doesn't mention it in his prelude, and billge never explicitly says so -- but it's fairly obvious from the way he consistently capitalizes the phrase, that "Trustworthy Computing" will be the next slogan to be repeated ad nauseam out of Redmond.

Mark my words; if it isn't, I'll eat my hat. If it is, you read it here first.

Oh, and as Ashton has so often reminded us, this is the classic Goebbels technique so favoured by (because it's been so successful for) the Empire: Make the lie outrageous enough, and repeat it often enough, and people will buy it. Anybody wanna bet they'll be repeating it REAL often?

[Edit - addition:] Oh yeah, "prevealed"? I made it up, to mean revealed / previewed; "pre-revealed".
   Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything
Expand Edited by CRConrad Jan. 17, 2002, 05:39:32 AM EST
New It's just icky enough for
Billy to fall in love with it. Remember always:

In the M$ Mission Statement (someone linked here, once) - there's an entire paragraph on Integrity.

Will no one save us from this scourge...
Ninja?
Kamikaze?
Scientologist?
Paleoanthropologist?
New I vote for the third on your list...
jb4
(Resistance is not futile...)
New "We have done a great job" oh right
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
New We have a new and improved version.
Haha! Look what crap we were selling you! Weren't we pathetic!?

This has been MS's mode of advertising since at least Win ME.
New Crap is King
Didn't you know that? That is how Trash TV shows stay on the air, and McDonalds and other fast foods selling food that is crap stay in business. Crap is King, and will continue to be King until the authority tells us otherwise.

That is why things are made in other countries now, because they can make the same crap, only cheaper. Cheaper crap, whoever can make the cheaper crap comes out on top.

Don't blame me, I didn't make the rules. My last employer wanted crap, not pristine and non-buggy quality code that I was putting out. They wanted it quick, and dirty, and buggy, in other words Crap Code. I may have lost my job, but at least I still have my pride and dignity.

"Will code Visual BASIC for cash."
New We have a new and improved version.
Haha! Look what crap we were selling you! Weren't we pathetic!?

This has been MS's mode of advertising since at least Win ME.
     Microsoft's next buzzword prevealed: - (CRConrad) - (6)
         It's just icky enough for - (Ashton) - (1)
             I vote for the third on your list... -NT - (jb4)
         "We have done a great job" oh right -NT - (wharris2)
         We have a new and improved version. - (Arkadiy) - (1)
             Crap is King - (nking)
         We have a new and improved version. - (Arkadiy)

Caveat emptor.
99 ms