IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New There is a risky political solution
Go to the CEO and say, "I have a big scalability improvement that I could easily make which I've been told not to do because we're afraid that you'll misinterpret how efficiently our database is being used."

He'll get upset, but it won't be at you. And the political barrier to the solution will melt away. However the person who he gets upset at is likely to become unhappy with you. OTOH the CEO is likely to be relatively pleased with you, but that might not help you very much.

I suspect that very few people would choose that solution...

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Heh.
It's tempting. It could even work. All we really need is for pages to be noticeably faster. And for sales to go noticeably up.

But we've got another solution in the offing. We're going to remove the CEO's access from that application. I believe we've weened him off root access on the web servers. It will be part of the effort to stop the web developers having near full reign in the production environment, too (that gives me the horrors sometimes).

Wade.
"Insert crowbar. Apply force."
     Question about tuning kernel parameters. - (static) - (6)
         I don't know MySQL but... - (ben_tilly) - (5)
             That's the problem. - (static) - (4)
                 You already know this, but I'll say it anyway - (drewk)
                 There is a risky political solution - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     Heh. - (static)
                 TCPOE? - (folkert)

About Three Miles long and right up the wazoo.
41 ms