IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New "Bomb" the latest 4-letter word
[link|http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chicago/chi-0201160414jan16.story?coll=chi%2Dnewslocalchicago%2Dhed|Just uttering it can get you arrested in Chicago]
This link will probably change, so here's the text:
A 45-year-old Oswego woman accused of twice making bomb threats to an airline ticket agent Tuesday at O'Hare International Airport faces misdemeanor disorderly conduct charges, Chicago police said.

Christine Hansen, who was holding a scarf over her mouth, was speaking with a Delta Airlines agent at about 3:25 p.m. when she mumbled the word "bomb," said police spokesman Oswaldo Rodriguez.

The agent asked her not to use the word and again Hansen mumbled the word `bomb,'" he said. The agent and another nearby customer told police they felt threatened by the incident.

As Hansen continued to her gate, the agent notified police and Hansen was arrested as she prepared to board her flight to Atlanta, Rodriguez said. Officers checked Hansen's carry-on bag and luggage but found nothing dangerous.

Hansen was released after posting bond. She is scheduled to appear in court March 15.

So, if I read this correctly, it is no longer necessary to threaten to have a bomb, or even joke about it while going through security. All you have to do is say the word within earshot, and yer busted.

I wonder how this is going to play in Los Angeles, where television executives will now have to find another term for shows such as "Three Sisters" or "Cursed".

jb4
(Resistance is not futile...)
New hasn't this always been the case?
I've always understood it that if you talk about bombs or guns while at the airport you're liable to get arrested.

Darrell Spice, Jr.

[link|http://home.houston.rr.com/spiceware/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore

"Bomb" the latest 4-letter word - (jb4) - (1)
         hasn't this always been the case? - (SpiceWare)

I don't know what "puerile twaddle" means.
27 ms