IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New XP has an Auto-Patch feature
It'll go and download and install patches for you in the background. No need to worry about that old bothersome "click on a patch" stuff.

If I still had hair, that would make me start tearing it out.
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
New But does it still reboot?
In my mind, *that* is Microsoft's single biggest sin*: the fact that millions of computer users now accept that a crashing computer is normal and that rebooting it is a quick-fix for all sorts of problems.

Wade.

* literally.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New Reboot for what?
I turned off the "auto-patch" feature as fast as I could; no way in hell am I going to let some droid in Redmond whack my computer when Microsoft feels like it.

Don't know if the auto-patch "feature" reboots my system.
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
-- Donald Knuth
New Auto patch doesn't reboot.
It downloads the patches, then pops up a little warning note saying "hey, patches are availible to install!"

Then you have the option of installing them.

That's the default behavior.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New OK but after it inventories your hard drive and
grabs any e-mail with sex- or *nix in it.. and arranges to sell the sex- ones to yer boss + the nix- ones to the motorcycle gang in your area (after replacing yer browser with IE build #6666)

And then it churns and installs the latest hot-fix for yesterday's new booboo:

Does it finish with a small note of cheer,~ BTW bub: it ain't gonna do shit until you reboot..

??

Ashton
who won't need to use this info anyway, but it's always amusing
New Naw.
You think they'd put that somewhere it could be disabled?
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
     DNS Bug Leaves Windows Users Patchless - (bluke) - (7)
         I can't imagine how you guys n'gals do it. - (Ashton) - (6)
             XP has an Auto-Patch feature - (wharris2) - (5)
                 But does it still reboot? - (static) - (4)
                     Reboot for what? - (wharris2) - (3)
                         Auto patch doesn't reboot. - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                             OK but after it inventories your hard drive and - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 Naw. - (inthane-chan)

It's a wet cheese, left out in the cold.
41 ms