IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New My variation on that
I always have a hard time letting go of something I don't understand... Even when I have an available workaround.
When something doesn't work, then it does work, I want to know why it didn't work. Which is usually a bitch, because it's not doing it any more, but how am I supposed to know it won't happen again?
===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New Our network admin was just bit by that
Exchange wasn't connecting to the data store. MS support can't explain why. 10 hours on the phone passes, examining AD, DNS, etc, etc.

Then it starts working. MS takes credit, can't give any kind of satisfactory explanation, tried claiming it wasn't working before, that it never worked (though IRL everything worked relatively well for a long time).

This morning it dropped again.

Stochastic computing and all that.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New what exactly is the error you get?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New I'll let you know after I see him -
he had to stay home to watch his kids today...

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

New oops replied to wrong post
what exactly is the error you get from warhead?
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New Here:
Client host rejected: Sorry, but we refuse mail directly from hosts with generic reverse DNS.
Please use another outbound mail server.

Pretty clear.

Imric's Tips for Living

New Have you tried e-mailing Alaric?
[link|http://www.warhead.co.uk/|http://www.warhead.co.uk/] has a mailto: to him. He's the brainiac behind Warhead.

Of course, you might have to use a different account or something...

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who figures it's often best to go straight to the top...)
New Nah - I have a workaround.
I was just being stubborn and grumpy about having to use it.

Imric's Tips for Living

New send an email to function01 at cigarboat.cox.net thx
New DIrectly? 1 min - have to reset sendmail to send directly.

Imric's Tips for Living

New let me know when, hasnt hit my mta yet
New Sent...
Gone fishing?

Imric's Tips for Living

Expand Edited by imric Feb. 20, 2006, 04:12:44 PM EST
New clearly the issue
nslookup imrics.net gives me your 216.X.X.X address, nslookup of the 216 address gives me your provider. As an ISP I may assign weight to that fact. Warhead tho appears to be a stickler because they host lists and do not want to be accused of third party manipulation of their handled lists they are very strict. Now do you get the same effect with a sciantastic message to warhead? Will they allow one list to get sent to another without reverse dns? Curious.

In another note I suspect that within 2 years all mail which fails reverse dns will be dropped on the floor. Best practice documents like
[link|http://e-com.ic.gc.ca/epic/internet/inecic-ceac.nsf/en/gv00329e.html|http://e-com.ic.gc.c.../en/gv00329e.html]
section 11 pertains to you.

The industry is trying to regulate itself before government does it for us and the document above is being looked at very carefully by all providers.
HTH,
Bill
New Now that's something I needed to know.
Two years, you say? Well - that should give me a little time, anyway. In the meantime I still have the option of using Speakeasy's server, should I be forced to.

As to warhead, I never even thought of sending Scientastic there; geez - I think I'd get CRUCIFIED for spamming the list... Especially if Ranger Bill started critiquing the articles, when nobody here had ever heard of him...

Besides, if everybody started reading Scientastic, I'd have nothing to post in the Science forum on slow days!

Imric's Tips for Living

New list handling itself is a whole nother topic
if everyone used dkim signed mail does the list replace the original sig with its own? Add a new sig? Can list software be dkim aware at all? How does an dkim aware mta handle a list. All questions waiting to be answered.
thanx.,
bill
     Mail servers? - (tuberculosis) - (66)
         no imap, bad monkey - (boxley) - (2)
             I think I wasn't clear on my use case. - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                 mailx is your friend, why teach an app mail when you can - (boxley)
         Look into courier for imap & squirrelmail for webmail -NT - (pwhysall) - (2)
             Aye - I use both - they work really well. - (imric)
             Seconded with a proviso. - (static)
         Here's what I do - (broomberg) - (59)
             I question the reverse DNS thing. - (imric) - (58)
                 Almost ALL DSL ISPs refused mine - (broomberg) - (14)
                     I send to both Comcast and AOL - (imric) - (13)
                         Can't answer that - (broomberg) - (12)
                             Karsten always bitched that he couldn't mail his mum... - (pwhysall) - (11)
                                 K - but that isn't a DNS issue... - (imric) - (10)
                                     Yeah, it was. - (pwhysall) - (9)
                                         And that has WHAT to do with the names? - (imric) - (8)
                                             It's BOTH - (broomberg) - (7)
                                                 I don't have just a client. Except if you claim EVERY - (imric) - (6)
                                                     OK. maybe I've both misunderstood and overreacted - (broomberg) - (5)
                                                         Well - that's the way I understood warhead to work - (imric) - (4)
                                                             Is this a personal or business account? - (broomberg) - (3)
                                                                 Personal - - (imric) - (2)
                                                                     You need to pay speakeasy more money to make it work. - (broomberg) - (1)
                                                                         No surprises. - (imric)
                 break down, haul yer ass uphill for dinner and beer - (boxley) - (42)
                     How can you help - (broomberg) - (41)
                         gotta get him drunk first - (boxley) - (40)
                             Since your shop SHOULD refuse his email... - (broomberg) - (39)
                                 naw, I whitelisted him :-) - (boxley)
                                 OT we need to back channel about yer bidness moydel - (boxley) - (6)
                                     Send contact info to biz account - (broomberg) - (5)
                                         two stupid for that - (boxley) - (4)
                                             This your work #? -NT - (broomberg)
                                             Does not work - (broomberg) - (2)
                                                 well if I could type and was not dyslexic - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     Can't go there right now - (broomberg)
                                 A bug in all systems? - (imric) - (30)
                                     He whitelisted you - (broomberg) - (29)
                                         Very possible. Very plausible. -NT - (imric)
                                         That is ... - (drewk) - (7)
                                             For *very* low values of "multi-week". - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                                 You finished? - (drewk) - (2)
                                                     Fsck, there was THAT much of it? - (CRConrad)
                                                     And that was IN flames. - (imric)
                                             Um. No. - (imric) - (2)
                                                 Oh come on, I was just poking CRC - (drewk) - (1)
                                                     And quite deservedly so. <shakes head/> -NT - (CRConrad)
                                         no sharing of whitelists, only black -NT - (boxley) - (19)
                                             *grumble* - (imric) - (18)
                                                 See what I mean? - (drewk) - (17)
                                                     *sigh* I suppose so. - (imric) - (16)
                                                         My variation on that - (drewk) - (14)
                                                             Our network admin was just bit by that - (imric) - (13)
                                                                 what exactly is the error you get? -NT - (boxley) - (12)
                                                                     I'll let you know after I see him - - (imric) - (11)
                                                                         oops replied to wrong post - (boxley) - (10)
                                                                             Here: - (imric) - (9)
                                                                                 Have you tried e-mailing Alaric? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                                     Nah - I have a workaround. - (imric)
                                                                                 send an email to function01 at cigarboat.cox.net thx -NT - (boxley) - (6)
                                                                                     DIrectly? 1 min - have to reset sendmail to send directly. -NT - (imric) - (1)
                                                                                         let me know when, hasnt hit my mta yet -NT - (boxley)
                                                                                     Sent... - (imric) - (3)
                                                                                         clearly the issue - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                                             Now that's something I needed to know. - (imric) - (1)
                                                                                                 list handling itself is a whole nother topic - (boxley)
                                                         Put the needle on the record....skrrrpppt! - (folkert)

Time for a tasty, tangy treat!
120 ms