IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New EVERYTHING SUCKS
I'm tired, I'm in a pissy mood, I'm stressed way past my limit, I'm working harder than I ever have in my whole life and I'm so god damn sick of everything I could just cry. And I dont even have the time to properly whine about it because now I have to take my kid to ANOTHER doctor appt which we are going to be late for because I'm late for everything these days because there's not enough time in the stinking day to get everything done. And did I mention the ex is coming to see the kids and spend the night? Stupid son of a bitch bastard.
Follow your MOUSE
New Hang in there, Bio!
Just make sure you put things into their proper perspective. You helped me do that when I was feeling crappy. Maybe I can return the favor. Why is your ex spending the night? Tell him to get a goddamn hotel room! Cheap shit! You have a right to call the shots, girlfriend. Now, have a nice hot cup of tea (or cocoa), take a deep breath and remember: the world will still keep spinning no matter what.

Hugs,
Amy

"It's never too late to be who you might have been." ~ George Eliot
New 'the world will still keep spinning no matter what' . . .
. . yeah, and it's spinning out of control!
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Actually it's slowing down a bit every day...
That's where leap-seconds come from.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New So I actually do have extra time in each day?
Follow your MOUSE
New Not so's you notice :-(
You know...Stuff expands to fill the time youhave allotted for it...Plus 10%....
jb4
"Every Repbulican who wants to defend Bush on [the expansion of Presidential powers], should be forced to say, 'I wouldn't hesitate to see President Hillary Rodham Clinton have the same authority'."
&mdash an unidentified letter writer to Newsweek on the expansion of executive powers under the Bush administration
New We had a leap second last year.
I even posted about it showing up in the logs.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
Freedom is not FREE.
Yeah, but 10s of Trillions of US Dollars?
SELECT * FROM scog WHERE ethics > 0;

0 rows returned.
New You literalists are a pain . . .
. . and a drag on the language - but to be literal, let's see you control the spin.
New Every move you make...
Has some effect! HA!

Take THAT, you Litteralist picayune show-off.
--
Freedom is not FREE.

0 rows returned.
New Re: Every move you make...
It doesn't count as "control" unless the effect is purposeful. You walk east, it slows the rotation down, but guess what - you're going to have to walk west to get back. That's not control, that's just a consequence of physics.

Now when you've got a zillion people running around at cross purposes, that's entirely out of control.
New Talk to my PR agent if you want spin control.
Regards,

-scott anderson

New Nope
Leap seconds (which can be positive or negative, though recent ones have been positive) come from the fact that the Earth's spin has a tiny amount of variation in it from year to year.

The day getting longer is a significantly slower effect.

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New Give me *some* credit.
Another semester in school and I would have had a bachelor's in Astronomy.

[link|http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/leapsec.html|http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/leapsec.html]

The Earth is constantly undergoing a deceleration caused by the braking action of the tides. Through the use of ancient observations of eclipses, it is possible to determine the average deceleration of the Earth to be roughly 1.4 milliseconds per day per century. This deceleration causes the Earth's rotational time to slow with respect to the atomic clock time. Thus, the definition of the ephemeris second embodied in Newcomb's motion of the Sun was implicitly equal to the average mean solar second over the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. Modern studies have indicated that the epoch at which the mean solar day was exactly 86,400 SI seconds was approximately 1820. This is also the approximate mean epoch of the observations analyzed by Newcomb, ranging in date from 1750 to 1892, that resulted in the definition of the mean solar day on the scale of Ephemeris Time. Before then, the mean solar day was shorter than 86,400 seconds and since then it has been longer than 86,400 seconds.

The length of the mean solar day has increased by roughly 2 milliseconds since it was exactly 86,400 seconds of atomic time about 1.79 centuries ago (i.e. the 179 year difference between 1999 and 1820). That is, the length of the mean solar day is at present about 86,400.002 seconds instead of exactly 86,400 seconds. Over the course of one year, the difference accumulates to almost one second, which is compensated by the insertion of a leap second into the scale of UTC with a current regularity of a little less than once per year. Other factors also affect the Earth, some in unpredictable ways, so that it is necessary to monitor the Earth's rotation continuously.

In order to keep the cumulative difference in UT1-UTC less than 0.9 seconds, a leap second is added to the atomic time to decrease the difference between the two. This leap second can be either positive or negative depending on the Earth's rotation. Since the first leap second in 1972, all leap seconds have been positive and there were 23 leap seconds in the 34 years to January, 2006. This pattern reflects the general slowing trend of the Earth due to tidal braking.

Confusion sometimes arises over the misconception that the regular insertion of leap seconds every few years indicates that the Earth should stop rotating within a few millennia. The confusion arises because some mistake leap seconds for a measure of the rate at which the Earth is slowing. The 1 second increments are, however, indications of the accumulated difference in time between the two systems. (Also, it is important to note that the current difference in the length of day from 86,400 seconds is the accumulation over nearly two centuries, not just the previous year.) As an example, the situation is similar to what would happen if a person owned a watch that lost 2 seconds per day. If it were set to a perfect clock today, the watch would be found to be slow by 2 seconds tomorrow. At the end of a month, the watch will be roughly a minute in error (30 days of 2 second error accumulated each day). The person would then find it convenient to reset the watch by one minute to have the correct time again.
We wouldn't have leap seconds if the earth weren't slowing. The mean solar day is increasing in length, so to have a uniform clock we have to periodically account for the accumulated difference. I didn't say "the earth is slowing a second every year". But the increased length of the day is definitely where leap seconds come from.

The direction of the leap second comes from the variation in spin. Over the long run, though, they tend positive, and the current 2 second difference is entirely due to the slowing of the earth's spin.
Regards,

-scott anderson

New I stand corrected. My apologies.
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New What a dumbass
Well, this is the flame forum. We can't end a thread on an apology.
===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New Shit for brains!
Yes we fucking CAN end a thread that way.

Stupid GIT!
--
Freedom is not FREE.

0 rows returned.
New I stand corrected. My apologies.

Dumbass.

===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New Now piss off and die!
New What the...
Fuck was that?

I came here for an a\ufffdru\ufffdgu\ufffdla\ufffdment!

As\ufffdpar\ufffda\ufffdgus is concerned you are tos\ufffdta\ufffdda hear.
--
Freedom is not FREE.

0 rows returned.
New Actually, it *would* have created a nice symmetry...
...and contrast to my brainfart the other day, when I thought your post was in this forum and it turned out it wasn't.

Ben could have made up, so to speak, for my (inadvertent, for once. In some sense) rudeness.

So thanks a whole fucking lot for fucking that up, you fucking moron![*]

[*]: Yeah, well, if I tried to do it myself now, intentionally, it wouldn't count, now would it?

ObLRPD: "Make your time, Finland."

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Yes Mr. Garrison, genetic engineering lets us correct God's horrible, horrible mistakes, like German people. - [link|http://maxpages.com/southpark2k/Episode_105|Mr. Hat]
New Hang in there ++! It will get better.
New :(
You need a bud, you've got my e-mail.
When somebody asks you to trade your freedoms for security, it isn't your security they're talking about.
New Some weed would work. ;-)
New quay--loooods
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New everything is broken
the ex shouldn't be spending the night under your roof. That sends all kinds of wrong messages to him and the kids. and makes you very uncomfortable.
Unless you have reconciliation plans, visits should be some place else.
take time for yourself and remember to breathe.
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New since he is married elsewhare I dont she wants to recon him
and no doubt he wants to deduct the cost of the hotel from any support check due.
Too bad we didnt have a cadre of nearby volunteers to pick her up and make fuckwit watch his own kids so she could galivant unconcerned for the evening.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New He didnt show
After he had been promising the kids for weeks that he would come, he didnt show. He finally called around 7pm last night- said he will be in town today. God, what a headache. His pickled brain doesnt get that he cant yank the kids around like this.

I dont like the ex staying at my house, but it gives the kids extra time to spend with him. They dont get to see him much and he's still their Dad, even if he is a big fuckwit. I mainly go about my business- he's just a lump that I have to walk around when he's here. He sleeps on the couch. The kids know that Dad comes to see them, not me. I dont know if I'd trust him with the kids for any period of time, anyway. This way I get to supervise the visitations. It sure puts a cramp in my weekend, though.

So we missed the doctor appt yesterday and went out to dinner instead.
No weed or downers needed- after a nice glass of merlot and blasting some Green Day through the headphones, I felt a lot better.

Man, I need a vacation.
Follow your MOUSE
New what a wad
You should endure torture to make a kid meet. Even sleazeballs know that.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New Yeah. the crap I went through to visit
Jessy and John over the years are tales in themselves - I only missed one promised meet ever (thanks, Delta) - and they aren't even my kids. What a scumbag.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Take time for myself-
That is the whole problem. There is no time. And I'm sinking. I'm trapped in my life right now and cant even keep up with it. I'm working my ass off trying to get my practice established. Every waking hour is spent working, mothering or running the household. My son has a neuro disorder and is having all kinds of problems right now, which means endless doctor appointments and meetings at the school. I go round and round all day, go to bed, wake up, and hit the ground running to do it all over again the next day. My life is scheduled down to the minute and I hate it.

My ex is the least of my worries.

And I'm trying to date someone right now (no, it's not Grygus), which is nearly impossible, beause there is no time. Dont think he is going to hang around much longer.

Yes, right now, everything is broken. And if it would all slow down for a minute maybe I would have time to fix it.
Follow your MOUSE
New Any way to find a good sistter a couple of nights a week?
My wife and I would go insane without our aids to watch over her mother. Even being able to get out of the house for a few hours of window shopping on Saturday is a huge help.

Can you find someone to stop by for a few hours on Saturday or Sunday so you can get away and decompress regularly? It's really important for you, and for your kids, for you to find time for yourself.

Dating's great too, but it's not a substitute.

Hang in there, but get some help.

Cheers,
Scott.
New You sound like my best friend
She's taken pity on me and has started cooking dinner for us one night a week. I feel like a big slug having her do this, but she wouldnt take "no" for an answer. It sure does help. She's also offered to take my kids when ever I need a break, so I have the support. I just have to use it.
Follow your MOUSE
New Good! Don't put it off -You can pay her back in the future.
New fix it?
nope, pace yourself. if your time is that over committed you're going too fast and you won't be able to maintain the pace. I don't know what your options are, but find a way to reduce the time pressure. you need to stay healthy (mentally and physically) for your kids or you will be in a world of hurt. remember to breathe
Have fun,
Carl Forde
New I'm breathing.
I'm okay. I needed to vent.

I like steam engine trains. I especially like when the engine stops to let off steam- Whoooooooooossssssshhhhh- steam and sediment come blasting out the side of the engine. Then the train starts up again, chugging down the track.

Thanks for letting me whoooooooooooooshhhh.
Follow your MOUSE
New Not sure how, but can you
put your date to some use? If he is any good, he should better make himself useful.

------

179. I will not outsource core functions.
--
[link|http://omega.med.yale.edu/~pcy5/misc/overlord2.htm|.]

New well first he has to show up twice.
New Sorry to hear it's so bad Laura
I'll keep praying for you and just try hard to take one thing at a time and not get too overwhelmed. I know it's easy to say and hard to do, but all you can do is try.

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life."

By Geoffrey F. Abert
New Hang in there, girl!
Alex

When fascism comes to America, it'll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. -- Sinclair Lewis
New A little late, but
Sometimes the perpetually morose have their point too -- noticing degrees of suckiness elsewhere, can actually improve a purplish funk.

OTOH, when your body starts doing bad things to get your attention, then it probably Is Time to take some offers to share the care of the bairns.

(I sometimes wonder how parents could possibly have stood / didn't strangle / 'us', at certain points of growing-'pains-in-the-ass' -hood.) And while strangling.. remember not long ago, those biznessmen who deemed that "stay-at-home parenting" wasn't 'real' Work. Remember those assholes?

Hey.. Eat Right at very least, y'hear ?! Combine stress of 30/24 days with a crappy Murican diet-to-go and - well.. you prolly know.

Luck with the triage.

EVERYTHING SUCKS - (bionerd) - (39)
         Hang in there, Bio! - (imqwerky) - (18)
             'the world will still keep spinning no matter what' . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (17)
                 Actually it's slowing down a bit every day... - (admin) - (16)
                     So I actually do have extra time in each day? -NT - (bionerd) - (2)
                         Not so's you notice :-( - (jb4)
                         We had a leap second last year. - (folkert)
                     You literalists are a pain . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                         Every move you make... - (folkert) - (1)
                             Re: Every move you make... - (Andrew Grygus)
                         Talk to my PR agent if you want spin control. -NT - (admin)
                     Nope - (ben_tilly) - (8)
                         Give me *some* credit. - (admin) - (7)
                             I stand corrected. My apologies. -NT - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                                 What a dumbass - (drewk) - (5)
                                     Shit for brains! - (folkert) - (4)
                                         I stand corrected. My apologies. -NT - (drewk) - (3)
                                             Now piss off and die! -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                             What the... - (folkert)
                                             Actually, it *would* have created a nice symmetry... - (CRConrad)
         Hang in there ++! It will get better. -NT - (Another Scott)
         :( - (inthane-chan) - (2)
             Some weed would work. ;-) -NT - (n3jja) - (1)
                 quay--loooods -NT - (bepatient)
         everything is broken - (cforde) - (12)
             since he is married elsewhare I dont she wants to recon him - (boxley) - (3)
                 He didnt show - (bionerd) - (2)
                     what a wad - (boxley) - (1)
                         Yeah. the crap I went through to visit - (imric)
             Take time for myself- - (bionerd) - (7)
                 Any way to find a good sistter a couple of nights a week? - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     You sound like my best friend - (bionerd) - (1)
                         Good! Don't put it off -You can pay her back in the future. -NT - (Another Scott)
                 fix it? - (cforde) - (1)
                     I'm breathing. - (bionerd)
                 Not sure how, but can you - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                     well first he has to show up twice. -NT - (boxley)
         Sorry to hear it's so bad Laura - (Nightowl)
         Hang in there, girl! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         A little late, but - (Ashton)

That's pretty much epic-scale incomprehension.
252 ms