IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I'm shocked, sir.
What 10% is that?

I'm trying to work out if I've been insulted or complimented.

Given that I have to ask, I suspect the former, in which case, bravo!

Or, as they say on the CS:S servers, "pwned"

Peter
[link|http://www.no2id.net/|Don't Let The Terrorists Win]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
New The 10% who understand things like
iteration, arrays, the idea of restricted syntax, the fact that DWIM is not a command in any known computer language.

As for the rest of us - someone I know asked a user to input a list of things into Word using Tab as separator. The user did what she was told, but she used spaces. When asked how the hell the computer should distinguish between the spaces that separate groups and the spaces inside groups, she smiled.

------

179. I will not outsource core functions.
--
[link|http://omega.med.yale.edu/~pcy5/misc/overlord2.htm|.]

New I've seen that smile
It's usually followed by, "The same way I do, it looks at them."
===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New The worst part is, she is righ.
In most cases, it's possible to figure out that she uses more than one space to separate groups. But _she_ would be utterly incapable of writing the ad-hoc code that does it.

------

179. I will not outsource core functions.
--
[link|http://omega.med.yale.edu/~pcy5/misc/overlord2.htm|.]

New DWIM?!?
Driving While Intoxicated, Mostly?
jb4
"Every Repbulican who wants to defend Bush on [the expansion of Presidential powers], should be forced to say, 'I wouldn't hesitate to see President Hillary Rodham Clinton have the same authority'."
&mdash an unidentified letter writer to Newsweek on the expansion of executive powers under the Bush administration
New do what I meant
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
     Kristen Nygaard and Programmable interfaces - (systems) - (86)
         What about his history is interesting? - (ben_tilly) - (85)
             Re: What about his history is interesting? - (systems) - (84)
                 You would do better to read Alan Kay - (tuberculosis) - (82)
                     Wow. - (Arkadiy) - (81)
                         Did you see HTML on the list? - (ben_tilly) - (79)
                             OK, could you explain? - (Arkadiy) - (78)
                                 I think the point is that they're tools that are pretty easy - (jake123)
                                 Here's an example - (tuberculosis) - (76)
                                     lrpd the whole damn thing -NT - (boxley)
                                     I admire your pattern of use for computers - (Arkadiy) - (15)
                                         Not necessarily so (the "beyond 90%" part). - (pwhysall) - (10)
                                             I've got no Mac (yet?) - (Arkadiy) - (9)
                                                 squeak.org -NT - (tuberculosis)
                                                 Python? - (pwhysall) - (7)
                                                     I've seen Python and Squeak - (Arkadiy) - (6)
                                                         I'm shocked, sir. - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                                             The 10% who understand things like - (Arkadiy) - (4)
                                                                 I've seen that smile - (drewk) - (1)
                                                                     The worst part is, she is righ. - (Arkadiy)
                                                                 DWIM?!? - (jb4) - (1)
                                                                     do what I meant -NT - (boxley)
                                         I don't believe the "crutch" is necessary - (tuberculosis)
                                         disagree, recently sent a example of an application - (boxley) - (2)
                                             A crutch - (Arkadiy)
                                             I need to have me a look at that - (pwhysall)
                                     I'd like that to be true, but don't think it is - (drewk) - (58)
                                         Ive used that treehouse design, didnt think too much of it - (boxley)
                                         You are a prisoner of your assumptions and conditioning - (tuberculosis) - (55)
                                             my point is that people use what they know - (boxley) - (2)
                                                 Yes - exactly - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                                     sounds like a fax lnp project to me :-) -NT - (boxley)
                                             There's a central point we seem to differ on - (drewk) - (51)
                                                 Yes, you can only think of one thing at a time - (tuberculosis) - (50)
                                                     If I missed your point, it's because you forgot to make it - (drewk) - (49)
                                                         But the applications *are* the walls - (tuberculosis) - (48)
                                                             They're also inevitable - (drewk) - (47)
                                                                 Necessary for other reasons as well - (ben_tilly) - (8)
                                                                     There's a couple projects aimed at addressing security - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                                                                         Bah, break for lunch and people go and end the discussion -NT - (drewk) - (1)
                                                                             I've made it back to the office - gotta catch up! -NT - (tuberculosis)
                                                                     email has walls? think again - (boxley) - (4)
                                                                         That's what client-side encryption is for -NT - (drewk)
                                                                         As far as most recipients are concerned, it does - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                                             like windows, its the perception of security that counts -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                 It is more complex than that - (ben_tilly)
                                                                 I was the king of level 1 help desk - (tuberculosis) - (37)
                                                                     Followed a link from the google search - (drewk) - (35)
                                                                         Hey, I had people who didn't know a menu from a window - (tuberculosis) - (34)
                                                                             I don't want to keep reinventing things - (drewk) - (33)
                                                                                 Taxes are probably a bad example. - (Another Scott) - (32)
                                                                                     Depends on what you want an example of - (drewk) - (31)
                                                                                         Bingo - (tuberculosis) - (30)
                                                                                             You're fighting human nature - (drewk) - (29)
                                                                                                 Take your last thought a little farther... - (Another Scott)
                                                                                                 Evidence runs to the contrary - (tuberculosis) - (27)
                                                                                                     you can safely ignore drewk - (boxley)
                                                                                                     You have a much looser definition of "make stuff" than I do - (drewk) - (25)
                                                                                                         Complete Bollocks - (tuberculosis) - (24)
                                                                                                             You're kidding me, right? - (admin) - (23)
                                                                                                                 There will always be people too old to learn - (tuberculosis) - (22)
                                                                                                                     I'll let you tell her she's "too old" to learn - (admin) - (21)
                                                                                                                         It's also called respecting someone else's domain - (tonytib) - (20)
                                                                                                                             Point missed again - (tuberculosis) - (19)
                                                                                                                                 And you're missing the point we're trying to make. - (admin) - (17)
                                                                                                                                     I wouldn't say immaterial - (jake123) - (2)
                                                                                                                                         MP3 is a data format, not an architecture. - (admin) - (1)
                                                                                                                                             Not my point - (jake123)
                                                                                                                                     I don't give a flip about your point - (tuberculosis) - (13)
                                                                                                                                         ICLRPD (new thread) - (boxley)
                                                                                                                                         Uh, yeah. - (admin) - (11)
                                                                                                                                             I don't have to bow to nobody! - (drewk) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                 Exactly. -NT - (admin)
                                                                                                                                             Right on! - (tonytib) - (8)
                                                                                                                                                 The ignorance around here is staggering - (tuberculosis) - (7)
                                                                                                                                                     We disagree with you, so we're ignorant ... good call -NT - (drewk) - (3)
                                                                                                                                                         Something about photos - not capable - links - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                                                                                                                                                             Something about Photoshop, easy to use, etc - (tonytib) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                                 Heck... - (folkert)
                                                                                                                                                     The arrogance around here is staggering. - (admin) - (2)
                                                                                                                                                         Fine - you're all wrong and we'll leave it at that - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                             As soon as you stop misrepresenting me I will - (admin)
                                                                                                                                 You keep missing the point - (tonytib)
                                                                     ICLRPD (new thread) - (lincoln)
                                         ICLRPD (new thread) - (jb4)
                         The idea is that these are tools for adhoc computing - (tuberculosis)
                 The short history.... - (ChrisR)

Why sure I'm a billiard player!
130 ms