IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yes - exactly
but why do they know that instead of something more appropriate?

I totally get where you're coming from BTW when I started researching LNP requirements as one major LEC was storing TN's in a filemaker database.

People use what they have - it would be good if they had better stuff though.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New sounds like a fax lnp project to me :-)
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
     Kristen Nygaard and Programmable interfaces - (systems) - (86)
         What about his history is interesting? - (ben_tilly) - (85)
             Re: What about his history is interesting? - (systems) - (84)
                 You would do better to read Alan Kay - (tuberculosis) - (82)
                     Wow. - (Arkadiy) - (81)
                         Did you see HTML on the list? - (ben_tilly) - (79)
                             OK, could you explain? - (Arkadiy) - (78)
                                 I think the point is that they're tools that are pretty easy - (jake123)
                                 Here's an example - (tuberculosis) - (76)
                                     lrpd the whole damn thing -NT - (boxley)
                                     I admire your pattern of use for computers - (Arkadiy) - (15)
                                         Not necessarily so (the "beyond 90%" part). - (pwhysall) - (10)
                                             I've got no Mac (yet?) - (Arkadiy) - (9)
                                                 squeak.org -NT - (tuberculosis)
                                                 Python? - (pwhysall) - (7)
                                                     I've seen Python and Squeak - (Arkadiy) - (6)
                                                         I'm shocked, sir. - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                                             The 10% who understand things like - (Arkadiy) - (4)
                                                                 I've seen that smile - (drewk) - (1)
                                                                     The worst part is, she is righ. - (Arkadiy)
                                                                 DWIM?!? - (jb4) - (1)
                                                                     do what I meant -NT - (boxley)
                                         I don't believe the "crutch" is necessary - (tuberculosis)
                                         disagree, recently sent a example of an application - (boxley) - (2)
                                             A crutch - (Arkadiy)
                                             I need to have me a look at that - (pwhysall)
                                     I'd like that to be true, but don't think it is - (drewk) - (58)
                                         Ive used that treehouse design, didnt think too much of it - (boxley)
                                         You are a prisoner of your assumptions and conditioning - (tuberculosis) - (55)
                                             my point is that people use what they know - (boxley) - (2)
                                                 Yes - exactly - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                                     sounds like a fax lnp project to me :-) -NT - (boxley)
                                             There's a central point we seem to differ on - (drewk) - (51)
                                                 Yes, you can only think of one thing at a time - (tuberculosis) - (50)
                                                     If I missed your point, it's because you forgot to make it - (drewk) - (49)
                                                         But the applications *are* the walls - (tuberculosis) - (48)
                                                             They're also inevitable - (drewk) - (47)
                                                                 Necessary for other reasons as well - (ben_tilly) - (8)
                                                                     There's a couple projects aimed at addressing security - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                                                                         Bah, break for lunch and people go and end the discussion -NT - (drewk) - (1)
                                                                             I've made it back to the office - gotta catch up! -NT - (tuberculosis)
                                                                     email has walls? think again - (boxley) - (4)
                                                                         That's what client-side encryption is for -NT - (drewk)
                                                                         As far as most recipients are concerned, it does - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                                             like windows, its the perception of security that counts -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                 It is more complex than that - (ben_tilly)
                                                                 I was the king of level 1 help desk - (tuberculosis) - (37)
                                                                     Followed a link from the google search - (drewk) - (35)
                                                                         Hey, I had people who didn't know a menu from a window - (tuberculosis) - (34)
                                                                             I don't want to keep reinventing things - (drewk) - (33)
                                                                                 Taxes are probably a bad example. - (Another Scott) - (32)
                                                                                     Depends on what you want an example of - (drewk) - (31)
                                                                                         Bingo - (tuberculosis) - (30)
                                                                                             You're fighting human nature - (drewk) - (29)
                                                                                                 Take your last thought a little farther... - (Another Scott)
                                                                                                 Evidence runs to the contrary - (tuberculosis) - (27)
                                                                                                     you can safely ignore drewk - (boxley)
                                                                                                     You have a much looser definition of "make stuff" than I do - (drewk) - (25)
                                                                                                         Complete Bollocks - (tuberculosis) - (24)
                                                                                                             You're kidding me, right? - (admin) - (23)
                                                                                                                 There will always be people too old to learn - (tuberculosis) - (22)
                                                                                                                     I'll let you tell her she's "too old" to learn - (admin) - (21)
                                                                                                                         It's also called respecting someone else's domain - (tonytib) - (20)
                                                                                                                             Point missed again - (tuberculosis) - (19)
                                                                                                                                 And you're missing the point we're trying to make. - (admin) - (17)
                                                                                                                                     I wouldn't say immaterial - (jake123) - (2)
                                                                                                                                         MP3 is a data format, not an architecture. - (admin) - (1)
                                                                                                                                             Not my point - (jake123)
                                                                                                                                     I don't give a flip about your point - (tuberculosis) - (13)
                                                                                                                                         ICLRPD (new thread) - (boxley)
                                                                                                                                         Uh, yeah. - (admin) - (11)
                                                                                                                                             I don't have to bow to nobody! - (drewk) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                 Exactly. -NT - (admin)
                                                                                                                                             Right on! - (tonytib) - (8)
                                                                                                                                                 The ignorance around here is staggering - (tuberculosis) - (7)
                                                                                                                                                     We disagree with you, so we're ignorant ... good call -NT - (drewk) - (3)
                                                                                                                                                         Something about photos - not capable - links - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                                                                                                                                                             Something about Photoshop, easy to use, etc - (tonytib) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                                 Heck... - (folkert)
                                                                                                                                                     The arrogance around here is staggering. - (admin) - (2)
                                                                                                                                                         Fine - you're all wrong and we'll leave it at that - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                             As soon as you stop misrepresenting me I will - (admin)
                                                                                                                                 You keep missing the point - (tonytib)
                                                                     ICLRPD (new thread) - (lincoln)
                                         ICLRPD (new thread) - (jb4)
                         The idea is that these are tools for adhoc computing - (tuberculosis)
                 The short history.... - (ChrisR)

Splor.
183 ms