IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New But but but but
I assume you have a lot of servers.
I assume you don't want to waste effort, but remain safe.
So, question: Have you already thoroughly tested RH3 and are ready to roll out?
If so, then do it.
If not.
Put the effort in spending the next 6 months testing RH4 and then rolling it out.
New We've put the effort into porting key infrastructure to RHL3
and that's the OS for 2006. We'll upgrade again next spring I think. Its a habit we are trying to cultivate.

Really, this is a HUGE step forward.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
New I accept that this is a huge step
My worry would be that it will be the corporate equivalent of the splits. After which experience, plans to do it again next year will get derailed...

Cheers,
Ben
I have come to believe that idealism without discipline is a quick road to disaster, while discipline without idealism is pointless. -- Aaron Ward (my brother)
New I'm not worried
most will be a recompile - a few things will require work to be 64 bit clean. I think the move to Perl 5.8 from 5.6 was more disruptive than this will be.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
     Upgrading to RHEL3 - (tuberculosis) - (6)
         3? - (broomberg) - (5)
             Baby steps,,,, - (tuberculosis) - (4)
                 But but but but - (broomberg) - (3)
                     We've put the effort into porting key infrastructure to RHL3 - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                         I accept that this is a huge step - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                             I'm not worried - (tuberculosis)

I don't get no respect!
50 ms